How long should it take to receive payment?

1. An item I put up on eBay closed on Saturday. I didn't remember to put a "payment expected within 48 hours" note in the description, but still I would think I would have received payment by now.

My question is, how long should I wait before contacting the buyer? I'm thinking tomorrow, but is that too soon?

Thanks!

2. I think they have week to send payment?

3. eBay gives buyers a week before you can file a non paying bidder alert. I'm going through this right now. I think they then have another 7 days to pay you before you can file to get your final value fees back.

4. You could email the buyer and request nicely what method of payment they are using and when you can expect the payment. At least it would give you some peace of mind if they answer you positively.

5. Thanks all! I'll relax until the 7 days are up and go from there:smile:

6. yeah, i mean ideally people pay right away, but it doesn't always work like that. i think as long as the buyer is communicating with you, i'd cut them some slack. on the other hand, if you don't hear anything from them within, say 3-5 days, then i would get nervous. i just had a buyer last week who won my Fendi purse for $835 and i didn't hear from her for 5 days, despite many e-mails, two invoices, etc. it seemed weird to me because she had good FB and lots of it. i finally tried e-mailing her directly (you get the buyer's e-mail addy in the auction ended e-mail), and figured out that she hadn't gotten any of my messages because she had some crazy spam filter on. anyway, i finally got ahold of her and she paid right away, but i wouldn't have known about the spam filter problem if i had kept sending messages through eBay (i got an automated message from the spam filter saying i could apply to get through, which i did).

7. just send them an invoice, but yes, eBay allows 7 days anyhow.

8. I had this occur with a few buyers. I just sent them a nice e-mail 3-4 days after the auction saying that I was sending a friendly reminder for them to submit their payment to Paypal so I could ship their item. I also put in the e-mail to let me know if they have any questions or concerns (both had low/no feedback so I was hoping they didn't understand something). Both communicated with me and paid me right away once I sent that.