How long should I keep lip gloss?

1. How long should lip gloss be kept for?

2. On my Chanel lip gloss it says 18 months...
    I have to admit I have older ones that I can't get myself to throw away tho. I guess it also depends on how hygienic the packaging is... you know, whether you have to *redip* or not...

3. I know there are 'rules' about this - but I honestly have one from 1986 that I still use - and believe it or not - not super stinky or nasty. And no lip diseases. . . yet.

4. I've only began using lip gloss recently and I use a brush to apply it (don't know if that's weird :confused1: ) or those disposable little lips from Sephora.

5. To me, there's really no set rule. You can smell when it starts to go rancid. It all depends on the product, the temperature it's kept at, how it's packaged, etc.

6. I dont do over 6 mths....I start to feel icky about it and wont use it....

7. As long as it doesn't start to smell bad or the colour or formula starts to look weird. :smile:

I store all my make up in a train case, away from the light to make sure they'll last long enough.

8. Is there a rule for this?

I usually just keep mine till it has an odd smell to it or I've used it all.

9. I don't know about lipgloss but most liquid makeup is 6 months.

10. I usually just keep it until it starts to get goopy or gross? LOL Or if i just don't want it anymore but i should probably keep that 6 month rule in the back of my mind hahaha

11. Ditto. So long as you're not a lipgloss newbie and, like, ingesting it I'm sure you'd be okay not realizing it'd turned until after you'd applied, anyway.

12. ^ :roflmfao: I remember in elementary school boys would actually steal the girls' lipsmackers glosses to see what it tasted like.

And I agree with everyone else. I don't have a set period of time that I keep lipgloss for. Usually, if I don't like the color I use it once or twice and then never touch it again and with glosses I like I tend to use up the whole bottle in a 2-3 months.

13. i go through mine every 6-9 months.

14. I threw away a few of my lip glosses because they looked all cakey when I went to check them out. But I guess there's really no set time limit on them as long as they're okay when using.

15. what kind of "smell" are we talking about?