How long has a SA held a B or K or other items for you?

Vinia

Dec 29, 2011
Recently my SA offered a very nice item for me and gave me a dateline (4 working days) that I need to make payment by. She told me that the item was kept specially for me and there is a q waiting for the item. This made me feel uncomfortable because ,to me, buying any H item should be a very happy, relaxed, unhurried process.

Has this happened to anyone before?

I think with the huge demand and the limited stock, it is difficult for the process to be relaxed and unhurried. There is always someone who would be thrilled to have the item. That said, no one wants to make an expensive mistake. I try to keep a mental list of what I am lusting after so that when/if the call comes, I am mentally prepared. Given today's "climate", 4 days is a generous allowance of time.

Recently my SA offered a very nice item for me and gave me a dateline (4 working days) that I need to make payment by. She told me that the item was kept specially for me and there is a q waiting for the item. This made me feel uncomfortable because ,to me, buying any H item should be a very happy, relaxed, unhurried process.

I don't like that kind of thing at all, it goes back to the point made a few days ago about 'staff' feeling elevated above their station.
It really irks me, we do them a favour by shopping with them and keeping them in business, not the reverse :cursing:

ITA 4 days is pretty a generous time period for a "normal" SA to offer.

I got a call earlier this year and was offered a Kelly from a store that I am a new customer at and the SA said I had to decide *instantly* and had 24 hours (or less) to get to the store and pay/pick up>>>> I laughed.

Now, I was "local" to that store but still 1 1/2 hours from the boutique in very heavy traffic. I had kids to pick up from school, they had after school activities, it was not going to happen. It did stress me at the time but I told her I absolutely wanted it but I just couldn't get there the next day so she ran my CC that afternoon and I picked up in a week or so. She had to get the Director's approval of course.

My "real" SA though, where I deal most, could hold for a month for me no prob. But he is THE ABSOLUTE BEST, so....:cool:

I guess it totally depends on your SA's ranking at the store. From my experience the Directors can literally move Hermes mountains and the regular SAs are under the thumb of the Director so what he/she says GOES.
:biggrin:

ITA 4 days is pretty a generous time period for a "normal" SA to offer.

I got a call earlier this year and was offered a Kelly from a store that I am a new customer at and the SA said I had to decide *instantly* and had 24 hours (or less) to get to the store and pay/pick up>>>> I laughed.

Now, I was "local" to that store but still 1 1/2 hours from the boutique in very heavy traffic. I had kids to pick up from school, they had after school activities, it was not going to happen. It did stress me at the time but I told her I absolutely wanted it but I just couldn't get there the next day so she ran my CC that afternoon and I picked up in a week or so. She had to get the Director's approval of course.

My "real" SA though, where I deal most, could hold for a month for me no prob. But he is THE ABSOLUTE BEST, so....:cool:

I guess it totally depends on your SA's ranking at the store. From my experience the Directors can literally move Hermes mountains and the regular SAs are under the thumb of the Director so what he/she says GOES.
:biggrin:

I think this is spot on accurate. It all depends on who you are, which boutique you frequent AND the Director of the store. "Rules" imo DO NOT exist in Hermes except to be broken.

My opinion may be the minority here but, actually, I think that's being generous for a B or K or waitlist item. If they called me... I'd fly like the wind! :broom:

I have found this to be true -- rules re shipping certain items, rules re taking payment over the phone etc.

lulilu, no one wants to say it because it is so insulting-- to "know" that you have to pass a test, more or less, to buy H pieces is a hideous reality for many and then there are the many who chose to ignore/deny it.

But for me, the short of it is: I can play the game if I choose, or change the stinkin' chanel! I choose to stay and play.

My opinion may be the minority here but, actually, I think that's being generous for a B or K or waitlist item. If they called me... I'd fly like the wind! :broom:

Your post made my day!! :roflmfao: I actually do the same reaction and just fly to the store immediately!
I've only asked to hold Constance wallet for me 2weeks because I had finals ..other than that, they offer to hold two days for me if it were a bag ...