how long for paypal credit card authentication?

1. I just bought a mandarin noe on eBay and started a paypal account to pay for it via credit card, but found out that i can't use my credit card until i have an authorization number that will show up on my statement. I only have 3 days to pay for it until the seller relists it. anyone know how long it takes for the authorization number to show on the cc statement?

Thanks!:flowers:

2. I don't know the answer to that, but I would let your seller know what's causing the delay in your payment because she will probably work something out with you in terms of her payment guidelines if she knows what is causing the delay and that it's good faith on your part.

3. Wow...I've never heard of that...all my credit cards went through right away!
    Definitely contact the seller...it probably shows in their account as payment pending....but nonetheless it is good to keep contact.
    AND as an aside....you have 7 days to make payment according to eBay's policy....so she can't really do anything about it for 7 days.

4. I know what you mean. When I set up my paypal account there was a limit of £1000 - once you hit this limit you need to get verified. Paypal put two amounts in your account - under 1GBP and these show up on your statements - you then need to enter them on the paypal website to be verified!!

It was a bit of pain to be honest and took about 7 days. Def let the seller know - hopefully they will be patient with you!:yes:

5. Thanks for all your help girls! the number showed up on my statement last night and I payed for the purse this morning! I can't wait for it to come!

6. post pics when it does :smile:

7. Call your c/c company they should give that code ones the charge from paypal is on there.