How long does it take to get the Goyard bags personalized?

awbrat

Bag fanatic
O.G.
Jan 7, 2006
I will be in Paris and London in 2 weeks and am planning to get my St. Louis PM tote. Wanted to get it personalized (strips and initials) while I was there. Anyone know how long it takes? I'm thinking maybe I can order now and pick-up in Paris. TIA!

I waited about 3 weeks for Goyard SF. But I know that Goyard Paris has been able to do it in a couple days.

Woo Hoo I'm going to Paris in February, but won't be there long enough to get mine personalized.

ahhhh, but you just gave me a good idea. Going to email them now and pick it up while I'm there. I love you!! Thanks, doh, never would have thought of this.

Same here I'm going to Paris in about 1.5. weeks...can't wait. I asked the same question but since I'm not really sure about what colour I want. I was thinking of emailing them my order, with stripes and initials, and then pick it up when I get there. I think I'll call them, since I'm still waiting for a reply. :s

lizzie- please let me know if you get through to them first. i still haven't gotten an answer to my email yet. thanks!

Hi Awbrat,

Earlier today I called Maison Goyard and you'd better be ready for this. It could take up to 6 weeks to get your items personalized. :sad:
Aparently they are swamped. The nice gentleman on the phone did tell me that I could always send them back to them in Paris to get them personalized. Luckily I live close-by, it would take me 3 hours by train (from The Netherlands) to get there. Also he told me that if you want a certain bag, they can keep it on hold 7 days. And also very important; he did have a wide array of colours available.

I really wanted to bring my bags along on a trip later on this month, but that's not gonna happen if I get them personalized. They could be ready, at the earliest, somewhere in february.

Hi Awbrat,

Earlier today I called Maison Goyard and you'd better be ready for this. It could take up to 6 weeks to get your items personalized. :sad:
Aparently they are swamped. The nice gentleman on the phone did tell me that I could always send them back to them in Paris to get them personalized. Luckily I live close-by, it would take me 3 hours by train (from The Netherlands) to get there. Also he told me that if you want a certain bag, they can keep it on hold 7 days. And also very important; he did have a wide array of colours available.

Thanks for the update, they did finally get back to me via email yesterday night and quoted the same lead time. Wondering if I should buy the bags and bring them back to the US. I can always send it SF store for personalization right? So glad to hear they have a large selection of colors. Now what colors to get??? :nuts: -AW

I was thinking the same thing, buy it, take it home and send it back. On the other hand it might be better if I just leave it there and they ship it to me. That way I could pick it up myself somewhere in february and buy myself a little something extra, just because of the effort I had to go through ;). Hmmmm what to do?!?!

I was thinking the same thing, buy it, take it home and send it back. On the other hand it might be better if I just leave it there and they ship it to me. That way I could pick it up myself somewhere in february and buy myself a little something extra, just because of the effort I had to go through ;). Hmmmm what to do?!?!

I'd do the latter. I can't believe that it takes six weeks! My last Goyard took only two through Barney's NY. Hmmm, ah well. I do like your idea of purchasing a little extra something for yourself. Very clever! Do you know what your little "extra" would be?

^^ i emailed the store in paris to see if i can order the bag now and pick it up when i'm there. will let you know if they would even do that.

I emailed them also, thanks for the idea. I won't be there until February 17 and they said they needed 4-5 weeks lead time so will pick up when there. Woo Hoo!!!

It's my understanding that you can not purchase a bag and have it personalized here when you return. That's what I was told once. Hope others chime in if they know differently.

I purchased my St. Louis PM from the Rue St. Honore boutique but was told at the SF store I can have items personalized with them after purchase since they have their own artiste upstairs.