How Long Do You Think About it Before . . .

hmmmm. I think if you know that you have some bags that are just not doing it for you then it's time to let those go. I've done this myself after realizing that either the bag was not "right" for me or that my taste had changed. No sense keeping a very expensive bag that you're not using, KWIM? I'd sell what isn't working and buy what makes your heart sing.

Sometimes the one that makes your heart sing doesn't come along as a planned purchase....and THAT'S happened to me a number of times! I have never yet regretted buying the bag that makes my heart sing.....I have sometimes regretted buying the bag I had to think about for a few days though.

MillStream, unlike our kitties, we do not have nine lives.....I was in this same position in NYC last weekend.....and from your replies.....I say.....

Go for it!:yahoo:AND....please post pics of your new treasure:yes:

The thought of missing it makes me feel awful. I do think it's one of those great keeper bags, unlike some others in my handbag closet. I've got a couple of highly desirable Kellys, but neither sings to me. Not a note. Sad to say, I'm really a Birkin girl and have found that out by trial and error.

What you just said here convinced me that you should get it. If the Kellys don't sing to you at all, why even keep them? They may be highly desirable to many others, but if they are not to you, they are just taking room in your closet. And if you feel awful missing this special Birkin, I think you should go for it. We all learn about our bag likes/dislikes through trial and error.
Good luck and I'd love to know if you get it what it is.

You did make a good point about the likelihood of price increases in the coming years.

:graucho:If you have $8000 to burn freely and not feel any guilt, then I'd say get it.

:idea:If you haven't saved up for your H funds and you still want it, sell your Kelly's to make up for the difference.

Good luck!

:heart: Thanks to all of you for helping me make this decision. Yes, I've decided.

This bag is perfect for me in every way. It's the right size, is made of an increasingly rare leather, is in a color that makes my heart sing and has the hardware I would have chosen if I'd SO'd it.

As you've probably gathered, I've bought it. When it arrives, I'll post photos. Until then, mum's the word.

Oh that's great Millstream!! I'm having the same dilemma...I'd really love a vintage croc 35cm Kelly that I've been eyeing...but the price is so high! Maybe I should sell some of my bags too. I really like these problems...KWIM. Congratulations on your purchase!!

Thanks so much, mrssparkles, Handybags & lovehermes, for sharing my excitement!

lovehermes, I decided based on the agony I would feel if this one got away. Only you know whether that vintage 35cm Croc Kelly would haunt you. FYI, please be sure to examine that vintage bag or get lots of photos. Croc needs to stored properly and get spa treatments to keep the skin in good shape. I've seen glorious vintage croc bags and not so glorious ones. If the croc wasn't kept properly, the skins can shrink and there's absolutely nothing Hermes can do to reverse that. The effect is that the bag looks caved in or sunken. Also, the skin can crack from dryness.

I don't think! lol
It's got me in trouble quite a bit. BUT, with the 2 bags i have right now, they are FOREVER bags that i've wanted since i first thought about Hermes. :yahoo:

So, yeah, i've bought and sold a lot, but i'm really happy i have the ones i have now. They are my ultimates!