How Long Did It Take You to Save?

sratsey said:
I usually take advantage of a generous husband around holidays like my birthday, wedding anniversary, Valentine's day, Mother's Day and Christmas :P

It it's a really expensive bag I combine holidays i.e. "this is my Birthday AND Mother's Day gift!"

He hates picking out gifts for me so it makes life easy on both of us.
I send him a picture of the bag and say "this is what you got me for ___" :amuse:

Like others here, I also sell off bags and buy different ones in their place.
me TOO!:P

I usually put the bags on my Nordie c/c since I love to get their gift certificates when I accumulate enough pts on them. Then parents pay it off that same month when the bill comes in since they much rather have me spend $ on bags than on drugs, ciggies or alcohol. :P

Or I'll try to sell some of my old bags or other junk on ebay and use that $ towards my bag purchases. Sometimes bf will buy me nice things but usually on special occasions.

I work work work for Vuitton ! I don't have a specific time frame of saving, sometimes just when the money's there and the fancy's right, it's time for a new bag. :biggrin:

My mom knows that I love LV. She loves it too but doesn't want to express it. Usually I get them as gifts from guys and my dad occassionally will buy me a bag because I work hard. I have two jobs so I don't have much time to shop around or even spend time with the family. Also whenever the family goes on vacation, I get a new LV bag if that country/city has a store =)

I'm, on the otherhand, very very very greedy haha. I will only buy the bag from the store if I know that it's going to pop up on ebay rarely. I try to save as much money as I can.

Laura Vuitton said:
Okay, I am going to break the mold! Me and all my friends have debt, its just a fact. And once in a while, if you need to tack a LV on there, well so be it!! :smile:

Hahaha yeah same here!! Finally someone who is in the same boat as I am!! Everyone I know has debt to some degree (from school, etc.) and I only have one friend with parents rich enough to buy her designer bags (plus we're all in our mid-late 20's so our parents think we should be taking care of ourselves :amazed:).

I have a little bit of debt....but the way I see it is....you only live once....and when you die you can't take your money with you so you may as well enjoy!!!

my parents bought me my first one mono pochette for my birthday and the first one i bought for myself was the momo speedy 25 -my friend and i had a tag sale because i have so many clothes and shoes and stupid bags from when i was in highschool/collete -i made 500!!! hard work, and well earned....garage sale people can be sscaryyyy and mean - hahaha

I sell items on eBay or I save a portion of my paycheck. I have been known to use layaway as well. I don't like to use cc's for those type of purchases, but the bags I buy are always under $800.

When walking into an LV store i always make sure i have the money right in my wallet or on my bank card.
The only times i've used CCs is when elux couldn't process my bank card because i have a $1500 limit per day. Then i use one of my hubby's "emergency cards" then go online right away and pay half on his card, then the other half the next day.

I've sold tons of my old stuff on ebay and just have worked really long hard hours since we have our own business. So we work it into the budget that i get a bag because i deserve it. ;):yes:

I never save up for them. And I only use my debit card. I know some girls who use their credit cards for them and are up to their eyeballs in debt. It's sad. To me, it takes away from the luxury aspect of it if you don't have the money for them and essentially it isn't really yours yet.

I don't save. I am lucky that I am able to afford them (this year was very good year for my business). I use CC to get my Air Miles or Amex points but the bills are always paid off when the statements come. DH buys me a bag or two when we travel or as a gift.

I'm in my mid 30's, and my saving and hard work really occurred in my 20's. I scrimped and saved to buy a house and pay for grad school (no student loans!) while working full time. That hard work is now paying off as I can afford a new LV here and there and have no CC debt.

Hmmm...I don't work...I'm 19 now and I started to save save save for an LV bag when I was 17. A year later, I bought my first LV bag along with an accessory both from the monogram canvas line (cuz I like to match my bags lol). Ever since my lil addiction 2 years ago, I've been saving even more and my money usually comes from allowance (I save 100$/month), but I get lotsa bonuses from my parents cuz I work my ass off for school. I get a 200$every time a semester/term ends and my parents tally up my scores (we made a list of how much each course is worth lol), then recently there's also few more hundred dollars when I got into Med school (although friends say I deserve a car! haha), and the rest of my money comes from scholarships. Oh not to forget about holidays such as Bday, Christmas and New Year's! :biggrin: