How long did it take you to save up for your FIRST BIRKIN ?

I've always been a good saver, but wasn't saving for anything in particular. I just do it because it gives me peace of mind to have a nice cushion.

When I found my birkin, I bought it straight away. So, you could say that I had been saving for years.

To me it was and still is not as much the saving but being able to spend the $$$ I have on the birkin. My family lives overseas and they don't have a medical insurance in your normal understanding. During the last decade my father took very ill then despite all the treatmend passed away.., then my mama took seriously ill, now my only sister so...I'm happy I could and can help them. When no one gets in trouble in my family I get to buy my next H bag.

Yes, I can hang it on the walking frame!!:rolleyes:

You sure can :smile: The most beautiful Bolide I've seen so far (Ostrich / Gold) was hanging of a walking frame in the "residence" my BF's Grandmother lives in. And there are quite a few Kellys walking around as well there...and some are hanging on walking frames...which doesn't make them or their owner less beautiful but it underlines their style and grace. :smile:

Alegory - I'm with you, no matter how long it takes to save up for a BIRK, it's definitely worth it !! For me, apart from saving a certain percentage of my income, I have been cutting down unnecessities like magazines , toiletries and dolls just so that it can all go to my birkin fund :love:
I did the same! No other bags came into my hands unless they were gifts. My boyfriend at that time bought me an LV and it lasted all 5 years the leather turned brown.I sacrificed allot for my first.It was hard because I love coffee ,so It was tempting to get a cup from coffee bean.Instead I bought bags at Costco ( warehouse store in America Known for cheap prices on bulk items 2 pounds of coffee for 7 dollars French roast only)and made it my self. That helped allot.

PBC - When I first told DH about how much a birk can cost initially, he did went insane for awhile and thank God, after awhile, he came to accept it and now he's quite supportive on this expensive 'hobby' as long as it's ONLY occasional.:P

Btw, I love the pic of your closet ! All Hermes-filled ????:girlsigh:

That was posted Jan 24th 2008. So we are confused as to if you HERMESROSE are still with your BF or your DH??? Please come back and enlighten us all at the TPF here who are all genuinely concerned about you and the thread on your abuse by BF on Jan 29th 2008 please?
:confused1::wtf:

It took me several months. I might have waited longer but I found a bag I wanted (bought from a tPf member BTW).

I raised over half the money needed by selling my vintage constance and a bunch of scarves. The rest came from my tax return. The only thing better than having that Birkin was having the money in the bank beforehand. I totally recommend cleaning out stuff you don't want or no longer use towards funding the Birkin.

I got in this madness by casuality ...thanks to a dinner with my favourite designer ,...not necessary the name....
i got my first birkin like that ...just walking in the shop in PARIS ...I DID NOT LIKE REALLY A BLACK TOGO ...WITHGOLD HW...THINKING BACK I DID USED MAY BE TWICE.............
THE REST ... I corroupt my dh.....always say how much Il ove him .....specially when I'm in good mood .....strangely my good MOOD is connect to beautiful things ...and hermes birkin 35cm is one of those.... so IT DID works ,now he avoid headache just surprise ME with a birkin time to time!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::angel::flowers:

hi :girlsigh: i finally got a beatiful :heart:35 birkin. i kept telling my mom how beautiful and classic they are and she BROUGHT it for my 21st BIRTHDAY!!!!!! btw i know this topic is on how long it took everyone to get a birkin but i just wanted to see what you guys thought on me getting a kelly wallet to match my pretty bag?

While I've been waiting and saving for Birkin for almost a year, I saw Lindy at the store days ago :drool: and said to myself what the heck I didn't know when I can get my hand on THE Birkin! So now i have to start saving up again :sweatdrop:... by investing in stocks, renting out my condo, and ... every way possible (less clothing/shoes shopping?) !!