How is everyone doing on their diet?

1. I noticed that the summer challenge thread has been dead for a little while. I'm just wondering if anyone has actually lost any weight or made any progress? :lol: I figure we'd all be raving about it if we did.

I have not lost a single pound!! My abs are showing a bit more tho, I've been doing alot of pilates inspired excercises, so I feel stronger. That's it I'm afraid.

So everyone else who took the challenge...what's the outcome?
  2. My results are... interesting. lol

The good:
    I lost 10 pounds! :yahoo: I'm tiny (5'1") so it's made quite a difference. A lot of people have been commenting how much better I look and I'm really happy that I actually did it! I also feel more confident about working out and eating healthy, and will definitely work hard to continue doing so when I go back to college. Yay. :wlae:

The bad:

I am still out of shape. Very much so. And although 10 pounds is good, I'm hard to please. I want to lose 15 more. I guess that might be pushing it a little but.. :shrugs: Plus, I'm terrified that I will gain this all back once I get back to school. :hysteric:

The ugly:

I hurt my left knee working out last week.. and I'm leaving to go to school in a week. Horrible timing. I also discovered that I have really weak muscles in my leg AND my knee is just effed up. Yup- had to hear some very very ugly news about my body. BLAH. :yucky:

heheh this was actually fun! :p
    I hope everyone else weighs in too!
  3. Erhhh I fell off the wagon bad... I suck. :shame:
  4. Kattiepie- I'm glad to hear about those ten pounds!!! Its tough getting rid of it! School is always a worry! lol All of a sudden its cafeteria food, and friends wanting to eat out all the time!

Megs, I don't think I was ever "On" the wagon to begin with. So I'm with you in that aspect. I can't wait to move into my new place because I'll have a gym to go to. Treadmill time!!
  5. hmmm....I think I'd have to go with "no comment" for this one.

But thanks for reminding us to get back in gear!! I've been slacking big time.
  6. As you can see from my ticker, I've lost a 125 pounds and I am still losing.
  7. :lol: My diet.......:censor: ...........:hysteric: ............:rant: Nuff said:shame:
  8. I can't even keep up with the challenge I started. I suck :shame:

Right when I was so excited about the challenge, the whole thing started with my moving back to South Florida. I was busy preparing to leave my old job, move and start a new job, all within 3 weeks :wtf: Obviously, my eating went down the drain. I kept exercising, but I know that because my eating habits were poo, that I wasn't going to make a dent in my waistline. After I moved it was one thing after the other - seeing family, I had a death in the family, settling into my new home and job, etc.

Last week, I finally started to write down everything I ate during the day. Since starting my job I've been getting up 15 minutes earlier than I did before go to the gym in the morning. Instead of getting up at 5:00 a.m., I'm up at 4:45 a.m. It makes a difference, because I get 15 more minutes to do more cardio, or extra abs and weights. I'm feeling much better now that I'm trying to log my meals again. I'm back to counting calories, staying between 1700-1800/day, with Fridays being my "free" days :wlae:

I'm only in my second week, so I'm not planning on seeing any changes for a month or so. But, I feel much better about myself :smile:

Hope everyone is doing well with their fitness and health goals :wlae:

9. Me too. :hysteric: :yucky: :shrugs: :p
  10. I wasn't on the PF challenge but we have this program at work called Lose-A-Ton where people sign up for a fitness program. The goal is to lose a cumulative ton of weight in 6 months. The challenge will be over in November.

I pledged to lose 16 pounds and so far i have lost 11 :yahoo:

It's actually been a lot easier than i thought it would be. I'm on a 1500 calorie diet ( i use to track all my food intake) and i run about 3 times a week. I thought 1500 would be a lot but boy those calories sure rack up quick.

A couple of things that made it easy for me:

1. my IPOD - omigod running to blasting music makes running so much fun. Sometimes i forget i'm even running. And on my favorite songs, i get this burst of energy where i sprint like crazy

2. Jamba Juice!!! yes jamba juice - specifically the Strawberry Nirvana and the Mango Mantra. Sooooo Freaking Good! And if you get the protein boost you can use it as a meal - only 340 calories for a 24Oz
    I substitute this for dinner about 2 times a week

3. Subway turkey sandwich with no cheese and no mayo - 280 calories. Add baked lays and a diet coke = 420 calories :yahoo:

4. I have an egg and cheese muffin for breakfast and i'm not hungry until about 2-3pm. i eat my lunch late so that i have energy for my workout after work.

Anyway, i have 5 more pounds to go and then it's all about maintanence.
  11. You are doing WONDERFUL, so exciting! :yes: :flowers: :smile:
  12. OK..must have been sleeping while this challenge was going on b/c I would have joined!!!! Gotta knock a few off myself and why wasn't I informed???? HHHHMMMMMM...????:roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

Seriously, heheh, as if I'm EVER serious!...but seriously:roflmfao: :roflmfao: , alright now

...when did you guys start? I HAVE to take off about 14lbs...sick of it!

Sorry, I am a little delirious...went to bed too late, got up too early and my whole body is sore from riding my horse...NOT DOING WELL!!:roflmfao:
  13. well i just got back from vacation on thursday and haven't been paying attention to my diet in about two weeks, but i went to weight watchers this morning and have lost another pound, which puts me at 23.6 pounds lost, total, since May. i'd like to lose at least 25 more, and i can see the light at the end of the tunnel, which is exciting.
  14. Did it start in May Amanda???
  15. my vacation or my diet? my vacay started on monday, and i kind of ignored my diet for about a week before that, and my diet started at the beginning of may.