How important it is to use eye cream/gel?

I was using Sisley Eyecream (80 euro) but started to devlop Milia (those white bumps) under they eye - it was because the cream was too heavy/rich for my skin type. I'm now using Oil of Ulay Regenerist (20 euro) and it is possibly the best eyecream I have ever used.

I was using Sisley Eyecream (80 euro) but started to devlop Milia (those white bumps) under they eye - it was because the cream was too heavy/rich for my skin type. I'm now using Oil of Ulay Regenerist (20 euro) and it is possibly the best eyecream I have ever used.

Millia/milia are the hardest things to get rid of. Here is a thread where a member asked how to get rid of them. Unfortunately you can't, you're stuck with them unless you perform DIY surgery which is risky due to infection and scarring.

http://forum.purseblog.com/the-beauty-bar/how-do-you-get-rid-of-millia-103533.html?highlight=millia

I avoid rich eye cream as well. After using my regular L'Oreal eye cream for years, I thought I'd try an 'age appropriate' cream so I bought a heavy L'Oreal eye cream. I think the first or second ingredient was mineral oil and it didn't say that it won't clog pores like my former eye cream. Therefore I kept a close watch on my skin because I was suspicious that it might clog my pores, and sure enough pretty soon I noticed a white bump and stopped using it. Then I switched to Olay Total Effects. I am now an Olay fan.

you and I posted at the exact same time. . . my response was to the question asked:

When you apply eye cream, do you have to wait for it to absorb before you slather on the sunscreen (in the morning)? I usually put on moisturizer, eye cream (with SPF 30) and then my regular SPF right afterwards... will it detract from the eye cream's effects?

TIA!

OMG thats too scary, I also have sisley eyecream and I never had any reactions... Right now I'm using La Prairie ANti-aging eyecream and contour cream.. But I never stick to just one brand...

Man, I'm 21 so I guess I should go buy some!

perfect time to start!!!

Any other recommendations out there? SOmething that is light and not heavy (b/c it will develop milia seeds)?

I just dont want an eye cream to coat and coverup, i really want the eye cream to work with my skin to make it look and feel better....
Im already going to purchase the O:huh: total eye effects, but im still considering other brands as well...

any suggestions ladies?
TIA!

i think i'm the sad one here :crybaby:since 14 years old i have eye bags. i started using eye gels on and off. to date i've tried Alot of eye gel/ cream but eye bags stay put. condition worsen through the day, i look horrid past 9pm. now i'm 28 years old and has one faint line in one of my eyes, though luckily my friends claim they can't see it. after this "discovery" i apply eye cream diligently twice a day.

Using eye cream is very important because the skin around the eyes are very think and easily wrinkles and sags. Just be sure to lightly tap the cream on the eyes as opposed to rubbing it in.