How important is it to wash face before put on make up?

aly2016

Jul 13, 2016
I usually wake up at 7AM BUT i do not go out of the house until 1ish pm(which is when i put on makeup). My face accumulate a whole lot of oil overnight so i prefer to wash my face in the morning BUT only until 1:30 PM is when i need to put on makeup. I keep hearing people saying it's best to wash face before put makeup on. I certainly do not want to put on makeup early in the morning and have it sit on my face all day long.

i'd wash your face first thing in the morning and then maybe go over your face with a gentle toner with a cotton ball a few minutes before putting on makeup in the afternoon, just to refresh your face. like a witchazel or something refreshing/light. if you wash your face upon waking and then again before makeup that's too much, especially if you're using a cleanser.

The idea here is to clean your face so that it will look like a new canvass to paint on so that in applying makeup, the result will look great! To remove dirt and help prevent acne breakouts. Washing is not enough, you can also exfoliate at least twice a week for better skin results. Also, use a moisturizer for softer skin. Devise a face care routine and stick with it. Face is important, it reflects how well you take care of yourself.

Reactions: Love Of My Life
I'd rather have makeup sitting on a fresh face than on oil and bacteria, tbh. The idea of bacteria getting sandwiched between my skin and makeup is just icky and seems like it would do more to clog up your skin than wearing makeup for a few more hours. Maybe you could do a quick freshen up with toner and cotton rounds before the makeup?

I ascertain it to be very crucial, all that buildup you have on your face, because of the residues (makeup, oils, bacteria), creates a higher risk of getting small pimples/acne. All that bacteria and dirt your face is accumulating, should be reduced each day for a cleaner and fresher appearance with minimum outcome of pimples/acne.
:smile:

Reactions: Minahil Noor
Actually I've heard that you are not supposed to wash your face in the morning. I just use a gentle toner and little bit of oil (Virginic's argan oil is sooo nice) and then I apply my foundation.
hope that helps!