How high a heel?

1. Hi, just received my first pair of Fendi t-strap heels. While they fit and I like them the heel just seems so high to me. Bluefly listed as 3.5 but more like 4" to me. I'm already close to 5'8 so feel very tall. My question is how high to most of you go with heels. I know most probably do wear 4" but how tall are you to begin with? Will I get used to these?
  2. I'm 5'5'', 5'6'' on a good day (lol) and I usually wear heels anywhere from 3" to 5". I'm very used to wearing heels. In fact, my feet sometimes hurt if I wear certain flats. Do you wear heels often? I don't feel that 1/2" is that big of a difference at 3 1/2 to 4", but I might feel that they were if you were going from 4 1/2 to 5". I'm also not as tall as you though. :smile:

Were they the blueberry ones??? :smile:
  3. I'm only 5'4" and my heels are usually 4 or 4 1/2 inches

One of my close friends is 5'9" and lives in kitten heels.
  4. Yes, they were the blueberry ones but not sure if keeping or not. I wish they were not so high.
  5. I am 5'9" and wear 4" heels. Some of my pumps have 3.5", but I usually try to get 4" heels because I have large feet (size10) and I think a higher heel makes my feet look smaller.

I have gotten used to it (as far as height). It really is kind of cool being the Amazon. Give it a try.
  6. I'm 5'5" and my heels are almost always 3.75 - 4.25 inches. On days when I know I'm schlepping or if I've had a particularly hard week in the gym and my lower body muscles are ridiculously sore, I opt for 2.5 - 3.5 inch heels.

What I find makes any heel feel like they are 1/2 inch shorter in comfort is a rubber sole. I get almost all of my "everyday" heels resoled precisely for that reason - because I feel more comfortable and sure-footed in them, which means my back, my calves, my thighs work differently than wearing the same shoe without the resoles.
  7. You're never too tall to wear heels... as long as you can walk in them! I'm 5'8" the tallest heels I have are 3". But I have a hard time walking in heels.

:lol: I don't really feel that tall, but everyone tells me I am. I find it slightly amusing when I'm towering over someone wearing very tall heels and I'm in flats or sneakers. :p
  8. Yes, I don't feel like I'm really all that tall but compared to co-workers I do. They are always saying how tall I am.
  9. I wear between 3" and 4" heels and I'm 5'6". I'd love to be able to wear 5" heels but I can't even walk in them!
  10. I'm 5'3" and I will wear up to a 5 inch heel. However, I never wear a heel without a platform, and I can't take a difference between heel and toe more than 3 inches.
  11. I'm very short! I am only 5'1.5". I don't wear heels every day, mostly because I don't work, but I like my heels high. The hightest I have is 5 inches and I have not worn them yet. My husband is 6'4" so I need all the boost I can get!

12. As high as I can, as long as I can walk in them! I wear flats a lot, but if I'm going for a heel, I'll go all out. That usually means at least 3-4". I'm 5'6", so I don't really care about the height, but I'm unfortunately cursed with long-torso-short-leg-ism, so I like the extra length.
  13. I'm 5'6 and wear 3 to 4 inches, usually.
  14. I'm 5' 3", so if I wear a 4" heel I'm 5' 7", still too short to be a fashion model.
  15. Wow, I never can understand how you girls wear those high heels...don't your feet kill you after awhile? The highest I can go is 3.5 or 85mm and even then I feel like I'm gonna fall over! I'm almost 5'6", but it's not the height, it's the pain!:hysteric: