how hard is vernis to care for?

1. esp the lighter ones? i'm thinking about taking the plunge, but am usually rough on my wallets and have so far stck to mono, damier, and epi.

2. i used to be terrified to use my Perle and Marshmallow Bedfords, but then i discovered that they're more durable than everyone thinks. of course, there's always the danger of getting color transfers, but as long as you're aware of what you put the bag on and what you put around it, it should be fine

3. no problems for me either, but i do have the bronze vernis, so the lighter colors may be more delicate. they are so lovely though, so the slight increased care you need to give vernis, IMHO, is well worth it! let us know what you decide!

4. I'm terrified of using my perle PTI, personally, I'd really have to think twice for another light vernis piece.

5. Perle is definitely harder to care for! I used my ludlow for about a week with my Gucci pelham with fuschia leather trim and the fuschia rubbed off on the edges of the wallet!!!!!!!!

6. what everyone else said, as long as you are concious of where you put your bag you are fine! I have a noisette cles I have been using for a year and it looks brand new.

7. i have noe problems with my ludlow perle.... i got pencil on the inside once, and i just erased it..

8. I don't take care of my Vernis pieces. But that doesn't mean I throw it everywhere. I don't think it's hard to take care of at all IMO

9. ITA :yes:

10. Not very hard. Personally, I would just be more careful with my lighter colored Vernis (ie, watching where I set it, etc).

11. I have a lavendar ludlow & a framboise cles. I treat the cles pretty roughly, and it still looks brand new. I don't use the ludlow as much, but I've had it for about 7 months now, no problems with color transfer or anything.

I think the best advice is to just be extra careful, but I don't think you need to be over-the-top. If you're going to carry a light colored one, just don't set it down on newspaper (how often does that actually happen anyway?) or anything like that.

12. Yeah, I have a COUPLE of lighter pieces but I find myself being a lot more careful when I use them. With the darker colors like red and framboise, I'm not as careful.