South Coast Plaza Hermes?

Everything that's been said about Hermes SCP is true....back then and still now. No greetings, no customer service, etc. You are left many times alone standing there even though the store may be empty or near empty. And it doesn't matter what you wear. They also tell you outright that you have to spend $$$ on rtw, jewelry, houseware to be considered for a B or K. At South Coast Plaza there are many many high end luxury goods boutiques....especially for watches and jewelry like Chopard, Harry Winston, Van Cleef.....and yet the treatment from them is wonderful compared to the unfriendliness/rudeness of Hermes SCP. One stroll around the mall, go ahead and pop in/out of the any boutique and then pop into Hermes there and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

I was told by my SA that given the stores location and very wealthy area and clientele it is harder to get a B or a K because so many people want them and are spending a lot of money. He said that it is actually easier in LV where they can offer a B or a K to anyone they feel like it because of the touristy nature of the city.

It's true the H store in malls tend to be busier.

I try to go mid-week when possible first thing in the morning. I also find it best to let my SA know that I am coming ahead of time and to make sure that he is there and doesn't already have someone else coming in at the same time.

Looks like I'll have to try for my B during my travels than try to build my account at the home store. :search:

I just figured SAs are indifferent because I'm "not a local". Didn't take it personally but definitely not pleasant.

Oh well, their loss!!! :biggrin:

The thing is there would be no way to know if you are a local or not. My one trip to the BH's store they were all very nice. They had no way of knowing if I was a local as I had never been there before. I told the SA as much and he gave me a tour of every department. I was dressed nicely but not overly so. I was carrying my ostrich B and wearing a scarf as well as my diamond CDC bracelet. I am sure that helped.

Looks like I'll have to try for my B during my travels than try to build my account at the home store. :search:

I wouldn't rule it out. If you work with just one SA and they really like you then it's still possible to be offered a B. It helps if you go in more often and buy even a little something (of course only if you want it anyway) and keep building a relationship. One of my friends has received two B's from the SF store by doing just that. It took her longer to be offered the bags but she was offered them eventually.

I told my SA when I first started working with him that I did want a B. He was very honest about what it would take to get one at that store. You should at least let your SA know that you do want one if you haven't already.

I wouldn't rule it out. If you work with just one SA and they really like you then it's still possible to be offered a B. It helps if you go in more often and buy even a little something (of course only if you want it anyway) and keep building a relationship. One of my friends has received two B's from the SF store by doing just that. It took her longer to be offered the bags but she was offered them eventually.

I told my SA when I first started working with him that I did want a B. He was very honest about what it would take to get one at that store. You should at least let your SA know that you do want one if you haven't already.

I agree with megt10.
SCP is a busy store and they have a lot of regular customers. I was treated not so well as customer when it was my 1st until 3rd visit to the store. Eventually I met with a couple of nice SA's and they've been very nice to me, even the security guard knows me :smile:
Now, with SCP my SA's said that I need to buy stuffs from different department to be considered B/K/C/KC. As long as you buy what you like and wanted from different depts, eventually you will be offered a bag.
I personally never being offered one since I did not buy a lot and from diff dept in this store. I just love to stop by to see if I get lucky with SLG and to see my SA's.
If you want just the bag w/o buying anything else, FSH is the only place that you may try your luck. So, if you don't like any of H items but the bag, FSH would a place to go to.
I must say, it's hard not to like other H items once you get on the orange slippery slope ;)

Good luck and hope you will get your dream bag.

Okay. I'll let me SA know I'd like a B eventually, but I only like the fashion jewelry, some silks, tied for DBF, and perhaps a watch and shoes. Not sure if that's enough spending though. I'm not into RTW.

But I'll let her know. [emoji4] I doubt I'd be able to convince any other boutique to sell me one, and FSH won't happen for awhile.

Don't be put off. Stores are usually a |LOT nicer to locals, and if you make sure to let your SA know you live there, they might be a lot more accomodating.

my SAs are all so nice, but I noticed SAs in other countries are not as nice.. probably for two reasons

1) they do not know me
2) usually when you are a local and have a b/k already you have your own SA and you would have gone when they are available anyway.

HTH and I hope you have a wonderful experience!!!

Don't be put off. Stores are usually a |LOT nicer to locals, and if you make sure to let your SA know you live there, they might be a lot more accomodating.

my SAs are all so nice, but I noticed SAs in other countries are not as nice.. probably for two reasons

1) they do not know me

2) usually when you are a local and have a b/k already you have your own SA and you would have gone when they are available anyway.

HTH and I hope you have a wonderful experience!!!

True. I think they do know I'm local, as I visit often and I pick up items for delivery there in store instead of having it delivered at home.

I guess I just haven't expressed my interest enough to them, and informed my SA I want a B. I'll have to do that soon.

In case helpful, I started shopping at SCP in late December when my husband and I stumbled into the store and found some watches we liked and an SA we loved. Never thought a B was possible but asked for one and a couple of months later SA made it happen. I did stay in touch with him and he is just awesome. They definitely have less stock than NY or Hawaii but its our local store and when we find stuff we like out of town - they get it for us. We have been really happy with SCP and their team.

Reactions: LadyO and Nerja
True. I think they do know I'm local, as I visit often and I pick up items for delivery there in store instead of having it delivered at home.

I guess I just haven't expressed my interest enough to them, and informed my SA I want a B. I'll have to do that soon.
I used to do that too. Now I have my SA order anything that I am interested in. I hardly ever buy from H.com unless it is something that he can't order for me. I look online and then when I see something that I want I ask him to get it for me. That really has helped in my purchase history at the store.

Reactions: scholastican
SCP is my home store but I prefer to shop in Vegas. I don't bother going into SCP because they don't bother to say hello unless I'm carrying my B. After buying a few items I asked how can I get a B, the SA said "you have to live the Hermes lifestyle." I tried my best not to laugh at her reply. I'd rather spend my money at other H stores that treat me well.

SCP is my home store but I prefer to shop in Vegas. I don't bother going into SCP because they don't bother to say hello unless I'm carrying my B. After buying a few items I asked how can I get a B, the SA said "you have to live the Hermes lifestyle." I tried my best not to laugh at her reply. I'd rather spend my money at other H stores that treat me well.

+ 1! [emoji23][emoji111]️

Okay. I'll let me SA know I'd like a B eventually, but I only like the fashion jewelry, some silks, tied for DBF, and perhaps a watch and shoes. Not sure if that's enough spending though. I'm not into RTW.

But I'll let her know. [emoji4] I doubt I'd be able to convince any other boutique to sell me one, and FSH won't happen for awhile.
I only bought a few CSGMs and shoes and a watch, and got offered 3 choices of birkin, which I narrowed down to mine. This happened at Hermes Toronto, notorious for lack of B/K stock. It's a matter of finding the right SA and being loyal to the brand. I just buy what I like, and let the rest fall into place.

I'm afraid this has been my experience as well. I was also told that I should be in the boutique shopping at the very least every two weeks. I work full-time and I like to spend time and do things with my husband on the week-end. For that reason, I shop in another state when I visit my daughters. Will I ever be able to purchase my dream Birkin? I don't know, but I'd rather build up a purchase history with a great SA who is a wonderful person, from whom I've learned a lot about Hermés, but also someone I can chat with about anything! And she ALWAYS makes me feel like a valued client every time I'm in the boutique regardless of how much I spend.