how hard is it to exchange?

1. I just recieved my beige gst- but i did really want the black-i live in Texas and ordered from Ny-I called around Tx and they don't have it so I would have to send it back to NY-how do I do this?

2. Call the boutique and let them know that you would like to return the bag so they know to expect it. Confirm that it will be returned to the same address from which it came and if it needs to be addressed to an individual who handles the returns for the store. In my experience you have to pay to return the bag as the store will not cover that cost. I would recommend using a reputable carrier like UPS and make sure it is insured for it's value.
    They may have a time limit as to when you need to have it returned by. Then they will just credit your card whenever they get it in.

3. thanks- i was undecided between black and beige, but the sa kinda talked me into beige because I live in texas and she thought it would go with more. Then my grandmother took her caddy into the shop and they got ink on her leather- the exact color beige! It would not come out and they had to order a new piece for her steering wheel. Really scared me! I tried to call, but it was already shipped.

4. chanel could do an exchange and arrange free return shipping and then send the new one with free shipping. it won't hurt to ask.

5. i got it through Saks

6. I would either drive to the nearest Saks (I live an hour from mine, so I know it can be a hike) and return it there or see if Saks will do call tag/pick up. NM does this: I just call shipping and delivery and they order a FEDEX pickup for me. My Saks and NM ONLY use FEDEX. Include a note in the box saying you want it credited to your account. Shipping and Delievery/Receiving are the ones to do the returns, NOT the dept. (which SHOCKED me). These are the items that wind up marked down, shipped to specific stores in large groups and then, if still not sold, wind up in their outlets (Off Saks, Niemans Last Call).

I've never had a problem with a return this way (FEDEX pickup). HTH

7. I would either drive to the nearest Saks (I live an hour from mine, so I know it can be a hike) and return it there or see if Saks will do call tag/pick up. NM does this: I just call shipping and delivery and they order a FEDEX pickup for me. My Saks and NM ONLY use FEDEX. Include a note in the box saying you want it credited to your account. Shipping and Delievery/Receiving are the ones to do the returns, NOT the dept. (which SHOCKED me). These are the items that wind up marked down, shipped to specific stores in large groups and then, if still not sold, wind up in their outlets (Off Saks, Niemans Last Call).

I've never had a problem with a return this way (FEDEX pickup). HTH

8. SO SORRY for the double post!!!!:wtf:

9. well- the nearest one by me that sells them is 5 hours away-but they did not have it in black- I tried-The SA in NY is on vacation so I need to wait to see what to do- My 2 big problems are 1. it was my first order on a saks card and I don't want to lose 10% by returning it 2. I saved tax by ordering out of state

10. Well, the 10% is lost if you return it for anything other than the same bag, but different color. Ask the one 5 hours away to wait-list you; then you can mail it to them and do an exchange for that one.

Edited to add that the black GST's are starting to trickle in now. Apparently, a whole new order is arriving at stores all over the US. I would call NOW and get on every single SAKS wait-list you can.