How Far Would You Go For Love...How Would You Wear This??

luvs2shop, I just saw that informercial yesterday. :smile:
Your son is sweet. As Rose suggested, tie a twilly on the handle
and wear the bag with pride. :smile:

I love the gifts kids think of on their own to
buy or make. It's so cute. :smile:

OMG! I love this story! How sweet is your DS? Oh, L2S! You are so blessed! Such a thoughtful and considerate young man! He remembers that you love handbags--and even remembers that it's "Hermeez" That you adore! And yet, he's still up for bag experimenting! Adorable...OMG! A-door-a-ble!

I seriously want to squeeze him! Put a cadena on it, tie a twilly to it and parade that baby around with pride! Take him out someplace special--that he wants to go--and where that bag with him. He'll be so proud of himself (as he should be!) and puff up with pleasure at the sight of his beautiful Mama wearing the bag he picked out himself!

After that, put it away, as it's too "important" to use everyday. And then use it a few more time--to practice, if he plays any sports, or out to the playground (or similar). Always "put it away" when your done, to keep it "safe". And any time you do use it, make sure to thank him for being so sweet! He'll never forget how happy he felt for giving you a great gift and you'll treasure the smile on his face forever!

Oh, I'm getting all misty just thinking about it!

Oh my goodness, my DD saw that commercial too and was soooo impressed that they were able to fit the entire contents of junk laid out on the table into that tiny little bag... including a water bottle!!!

What a sweet DS you have, and what a mischievous DH... hmm, I'm thinking something orange had better come soon to make up for this little prank DH pulled on you!!

That is exactly what it is! I did tell him that some day he will make a wonderful husband. He was very touched to hear me say that! How did I ever get such a sweet kid?

Well, you have such a sweet kid because you are such a great mom!!!

BTW, I actually saw the TV commercial for the bag last night! Very practical mommy bag for the active on the go mom. I would consider using it on a car trip/vacation with the family. It has pockets for all sorts of things. :flowers:

Ah, I saw that infomercial over the weekend while I was at the gym. The bag is hilarious and, yes, "genuine leather" as the commercial kept saying. As with all gifts, it's the thought that counts... so perhaps wear it once or twice. And I agree with some of the other posters that maybe it's time to have a convo with DH about what the DKs should convince him to buy. It's great that your DS knows that you love purses, but perhaps DH can take him to H next time and they can pick something out together.

Luv, My kids were just watching NICK and my DH was in the same room reading when the commercial came on. DH immediately called, "Hon, they have the perfect pocketbook for you and only two easy payments of $19.99, made of genuine buxton leather." He knows better though!

awwww, that's just the sweetest -- what a great kid!

it looks like it would be a GREAT bag for going to the zoo, the waterpark, roller-skating and all those great things you can do with the kiddies -- you know, the kind where you need to carry snacks, money, juiceboxes, kleenex etc AND keep two hands free? make sure you do one of those things every month with that adorable child, before he's too old to want to go places with you, and rave about the bag on your way into the aquarium, the paintball park, the amusement park . . . .

*Cute*!!! I'd totally wear it! That's beyond sweet!

eta: To answer your title Q: Maybe tie on a twilly, or pochette/gavroche. It is a simple bag design (from the outside) and solid color so you'll have lots of choices.

What is Buxton leather? LOL! Two payments of $19.99 to make DW happy, woohoo!

What a lovely DS you have. Tie a Twilly to the handbag and it will be the best handbag in the world.

Please post a pic when it arrives! If you keep accepting your DS's handbags, who knows what he'll be able to come up with in 20 years or so?

This is the sweetest thread. I LOVE what children do for their parents (like Asa's DD making her a birkin for Christmas). They just have the best thoughts in the world.

i like rose's post: wear it with what? Wear it with PRIDE!!! :smile:

I was reading this thinking about one of my own christmas gifts. My brother spent about $300 (pretty nice xmas gift in my family!) on a brand (I'm keeping the name quiet to remain politically correct) that I used to love but don't carry anymore, complete with matching keychains--and to make it worse, it's got logos which is a style I never wore, even when I bought that particular brand's items. Since he is old enough to be told that it's not my style and not get too hurt, I wrestled with what to tell him. I settled on telling him it's adorable, which it is when I look past the stuff I don't like about it. It's a bag I would have been extremely happy with, despite the logos, prior to all my time spent on TPF. That doesn't mean I won't spend the rest of the year dropping hints that a twilly from H would be nice....Bottom line is that he tried hard and thought about it and wanted me to be excited. I'll carry it with pride and tell everyone what a thoughtful brother I have, while laying the plans for next year!