How does the canvas hold up?

How does the LV monogram canvas hold up with time and use? I don't own any LV products yet but I want to get a LV wallet. I originally thought it was leather and was shocked to find out it was only canvas at that price.

Does it seem to last a long time or does it break down pretty quickly? I do want to indulge myself once in a while on an $$$ item, but I'm also not rich and would be crushed if it broke within a year. Thanks!

The canvas holds up very well. You definitely don't have to worry about the wallet canvas "falling apart" within a year.
The canvas is very durable and will last for many years with regular usage.

I have a monogram wallet that is 10 years old and it is just getting to the point where I will probably replace it next year. I also have a monogram Speedy 25 that is about 17 years old and is in great condition as well. Go for it -- they really last!

I have to agree with what everyone has said. The canvas holds up really well. When the weather is rainy or nasty, I always use my LV pieces because I know they will be fine. I am amazed at the sturdiness. Go for it!

My Mono Speedy 30 Is Going To Be 12 Years Old This January, And Ill Post A Pic When I Get Home,it Is Still Beautiful! No Leather Cracking, Only A Rub Spot On One 1/2 Inch Of Piping And The Bottom Is Beautiful. It's My Bag For Life. And For A Daily Driver, I Couldn't Recommend A Better Bag. Classy, Recognizable, And So Utilitarian!