how do your react when...

1. I'm curious to know how you react when strangers (say people at malls or restaurants, etc...) say they like your bag or say you have a nice bag? Do you just smile and say thank you, do you offer more information about the bag? I dont know because I've been told this so many times (by cashiers at grocery stores, servers at restaurants, people in line behind me..)and I usually just smile and say thank you but I sometimes feel weird that I might come across as arrogant or a just a show off... :smile:

2. I would say thank you and then maybe offer a little tid bit about the bag like:

Oh thank you so much, it took me forever to finally get my hands on it

something like that

3. I feel that way too! I'm rather shy so I don't usually want to give more than a smile and a thank you...but I always feel guilty afterwards because I'm afraid I came off as a snob.

4. Thank you and a smile! should be enough and polite in my opinion!

5. I usually reply with a friendly Thank you, but don't say more not to come across as being arrogant. I just feel uncomfortable when people I don't know start asking me how much I pay for bags and things like that.

6. I always say "Thank-you" with a big smile on my face. Thankfully, no one has ever asked me what "brand" it is.

7. I just smile and say Thank You. I feel the same way as you, and I figure if the person really wanted to know more about the bag, they'd ask.

8. i also would smile and say thank you!
    usually when i compliment someone on something its just because i like it so much i just had to tell them... lol...
    the other day this lady came into the place i worked carrying the aubergine onatah leather gm... i just had to compliment her because it was gorgeous! :love:

9. Just smile and thank them.

Once someone commented on my Gucci bag and I told them I got it at Woodbury Commons - so I could pass the deal on. :yes:

10. :yes: I agree.

11. Don't know...Never had someone comment on one of my bags....:crybaby: I think if someone were to say something to me...I'd probably FAINT!!!!!:amazed: ! Once the paramedics were able to revive me and find a pulse...then "of course" I'd be like, "Thank YOU!!" with a HUGE smile on my face!!:biggrin:

But then again that's "IF" it were to happen....LOL!!:upsidedown:

12. I usually say 'Thank You!!' with a smile..it's the way you should accept a comment graciously for anything.. I was in the dressing room at Macy's trying on dresses for an upcoming wedding, and a lady walked by and said, wow, that's a beautiful outfit (I had also brought strappy silver shoes to try the dresses on in), so I just said, 'wow, really?? thank you!' (and uh, yeh I wound up buying that exact dress!)

I've gotten comments on my Trouville, Klara and Lucille so far.. oh yeh.. and 2 of my Gucci's! :nuts:

13. I just smile and say "thank you." There's nothing conceited about that. It's a compliment, after all.

14. I haven't had anyone come up to me to say that they like my bag but I've seen people staring in awe at my bag :p

15. I usually just say thank you unless they ask more questions. I was in the Coach store asking about agenda refills to see if they would fit my LV agenda, and the SA's went nuts over my Damier Speedy. They fondled it and asked tons of questions like price and size and where the closetst boutique was.