How do you tpfers feel about fur on handbags?

1. I live in a large home with a long suffering husband and a bunch of pets. I have been admiring a handbag covered in fur. Do you think that I am going to offend too many people carrying it around?

2. If you really love the bag does really matter how many people you offend? I personally dont like real fur on anything except animals. And I think it looks silly on most bags....But there are some that I think look magnificant....if only it was faux fur.
  3. i don't like fur on my things, but i'm not militant about it if other people wear it.
  4. Fur bags are beautiful but make me sad. I couldn't buy or wear it. If those close to you have a big problem with it it may be a problem but I doubt random people will give you trouble for it.
  5. Stuff like that never really bothered me before, but I never really purchased it either. Lately, though, I'm finding myself more sensitive about these issues, so I don't think I would do fur. In addition, after reading an article about inhumane treatment of pythons for fashion, I don't think I can keep my python Louboutin pumps or my python trim Prada. :tdown::crybaby:

Anyhow, I think it's a personal choice, and I certainly wouldn't attack anyone if they decided to purchase fur or snakeskin stuff.
  6. I personally dont like fur on any handbags (not even the ponyhair). But I wouldnt put anyone down that wants it.
  7. I personally don't like fur on anything..and I think it looks tacky on handbags. I think that since I have a lot of animals in my house...I could never wear or carry anything with fur and still be able to look at them...that along with being a little too aware of where and how a lot of fur comes about in the world...I just could never buy it. With that being said, this is something that is really to each their own. Even though I don't like fur, I would never put down anyone for liking it so if you really like it, then you should buy it but I would be prepared for some sort of negativity in regards to it because there are extremists out there in the world.
  8. I don't really like the fur myself. But if you're comfortable with it go for it.
  9. I don't like it and I would never buy/carry one, but with that said, I'm not going to yell at you, lecture or throw paint on you if you choose to either.

I may not personally like the use of fur, but let's put it this way: No matter what you do/wear, you'll always offend someone so you may as well make yourself happy in the process.
  10. I also don't like fur or exotic skin on bags and I wish everyone would stop buying them so the designers will stop making them and demand that they use faux fur and skin.
  11. Interesting. I've been considering getting a bag from Maya Moon and she uses calf hair on some of her bags. It looks really cool, but I wasn't sure if I would like the hair on my bag. It stands out and looks really neat though!
  12. Well u all wear leather....

The end result is the same. An animal is dead. If you like fur then rock the hell out of it! Your pets wont care.

And if someone tries to step to you i would stick out my bag and hold my head up high and my nose in the air because I know my bag is FABULOUS!!!
  13. If I don't eat it, I won't wear it! IMHO, it's up to you.
  14. If you have a houseful of pets, just let them nap a few times on a bag you already have.

It will soon be covered with real fur, and no animals will have been harmed.
  15. I'm not a fan of fur on anything. Ick.