How do you STORE your precious bbags?

unstuffed... i like it that way.
or sometimes i juts hang them in the doorknobs. i need my b-bags accessible, and i don't have too many which is a great deal, because i don't have a lot of door knobs too in my apartment :P

Definitely stuffed with tissue paper, goes in the dustbag when I use that handbag, then back in the handbag when I am switching. The tags, tassels, mirror are in a ziplock inside the dustbag, the strap is just loose inside the dustbag. Each bag has its own label tied to the dustbag laces, identifying her with date of purchase, where, what year and style (like I have any other styles but Twiggys :P, but maybe one day!)

I wish you well,

Bridget

My classiques are filled with tissue paper and stored in their sleepers standing up. My purse is filled with tissue and stored flat on a shelf. My office is stored hanging (I too am afraid of creases and so that had to address each size and shape differently)

flat in dustbags for all sizes including works and weekenders. no problems at all!!! i sometimes wrap the bags i am using that week on a plastic hanger by the handles. again, no problems.... just so i can see them a bit. otherwise, i have mystery bal bags in dustbags all over and in a hurry, i cant find what i am looking for.............btw, bal sends bags flat in dustbags too.

SoCal said:
:shame: I take one or two gallon size ziplock bags and stuff them with paper/tissue and close them. I then place the bags inside the b-bag and store it in a dustbag. That way, when I go to use the b-bag I only need to put the ziplock bag in the dustbag...I don't have to unstuff all the paper... (I sound so anal...I have all paperwork, cards, tassels, etc. stored in individual manilla envelopes with "labels" to ID the bag on the outside...) :shame:

^^I'm stealing your ideas! :graucho:

SoCal said:
:shame: I take one or two gallon size ziplock bags and stuff them with paper/tissue and close them. I then place the bags inside the b-bag and store it in a dustbag. That way, when I go to use the b-bag I only need to put the ziplock bag in the dustbag...I don't have to unstuff all the paper... (I sound so anal...I have all paperwork, cards, tassels, etc. stored in individual manilla envelopes with "labels" to ID the bag on the outside...) :shame:

ohhh.. good idea!

i agree, socal, that is a great idea!

yeah, balNY sends them flat and i remember some PFers complained about creases in their bags. so, i'm too scared to store them that way. i just roll up a towel and put it at the bottom of the bag, so it doesn't fold over.

SoCal said:

SoCal, this is a fantastic idea! so organized. i'm impressed!! :yes:

OK, Please don't think me too nuts,:shame: but most of my bags are on display around my home. I know that sounds really weird, but I consider them objects of art... beautiful sculptures.

I am a minimalist, so I don't have clutter. I have my LV Babylon sitting under a chrome and glass Eileen Gray table by the front door. And my 2 other LVs (smaller ones) are displayed on other occasional tables around the house. My new black City bag is lightly stuffed and casually sitting on the hearth, like I just put it down.

They bring me joy everyday to see them around, and DHs says his manhood is not offended ... as long as they are high end bags!!!;)

^haha thats cute...

I think for long term storage, it is definetly best keep them stuffed, just so that their shape isnt affected, and so that if humidity and heat are around, the leather doesnt touch each other and fuse together (which has happened to vintage leather bags of mine that are left folded over onto itself).... I live in Hawaii, so I stuff mine and put them in their own cedar lined section of my armoire to combat the environment here.