How do you store extra tubes of lip gloss to keep it good/fresh?

1. I know I can't be the only one who buys two or three tubes of the same color and hordes them. Every time I don't, I find a color I LOVE and they sell out-- for example, Chanel Glossimer in Ovation-- and I can never get it again. So I buy a couple of every shade I like.

Question is, how do you store them? I just put mine in the refridgerator (which currently has 2 tubes of Dior, one of YSL and one of Chanel in it). Is that the best bet? I don't want them to go bad before I use them up! Is there a better way to keep them fresh?

TIA! :flowers:
  2. I don't know about "storing" them, but I do know that you should not open them until you are ready to use them (air and bacteria can get in the tube and spoil the gloss). HTH!
  3. ^Great point about not opening them until you want to use them. Otherwise, yeah I have stored glosses in the fridge but I never really noticed a difference. I try to store them in mild temperatures...
  4. I store mine in a room temperature place that won't be exposed to hot temperatures for example heater vents, windows, etc. As long as you keep the lid and seal on and air doesn't get inside you will be fine. :yes:
  5. ^ :yes:
    me too
  6. ditto!
  7. i agree, store at room temperature and keep the caps tightly closed.
  8. I put mine in the fridge as well. Does anyone store ALL of their make-up in the fridge? My friend was telling me her mum does this, she doesn't eat much so I guess that's how she has enough room :shocked:
  9. SARAH! ROFL@ your avatar!!!! :roflmfao:
  10. store them in the fridge, same goes for most make and NAIL VARNISH!!!! nail varnish lasts MUCH longer if you store it in the fridge...
  11. I just store mine in my make up case, away from sunlight and hot temperature. And I don't open them until I'm ready to use.

12. Hehehe thank you! Isn't the kitteh great? :roflmfao:
  13. Same here, and no problems so far.