How do you pronounce Guerlain?

1. Ok, I don't speak French, so I need an accurate pronounciation of the cosmetics brand "Guerlain."

I know it's not "Gur-lane" the way some of the country-with-a-K Chicagoans I know pronounce it... I've always said "Gay-lon." Is that correct?

2. Well, I've always thought it was pronounced "grr-lane" too, so someone needs to correct me as well!

3. Prounce it guer-like pear only with a soft g-then lain, like sand or land without the n, no sharp notes, if that makes sense!

4. ^^Thank you, I found this helpful too!

5. as in "Hair-LAN?"

Awesome! Thanks so much!

6. Basically, yes-say it in front of the mirror-when you say the word you should end with your mouth slightly open-sounds crazy, but that makes the syllable right!

7. it's gur-lahn....

8. What is it? lol

9. I know exactly how to pronounce it but I have trouble explaining it by writing !!! in english you don´t have that "un" sound....
    Guerlain : Gayr and then as Pugsonpurses said "lain" like the first syllabe of "land" without pronouncing the "n" and neither the "d" of land of course.....like a quick "huh"
    ......Gayrla(nd)
    or you could call Guerlain consumer line "Guerlain-How can I help you with ??"
    ok, that was it !

10. lol i used to have to say - hi this is guerlain etc so can confirm its not gur but more like pear and lan with a silent n almost

pugs wins the prize!

geur la

is the nearest i can get to spelling it how its pronounced

you have to be guttural on the first part and soft on the end

mind you my french colleagues still laughed even when i pronounced it spot on!!

and can i just say its the best skincare in the world?? okay so i am biased but honestly - it is!

11. I always thought it was geer-lon? I'm probably wrong though.

12. Ger-lain

13. like Grr-lawn

14. Oh geez...all diff answers lol

I was at Nordstrom and I asked an sa if they had a Guerlain counter and she corrected me and pronounced it "jur-lane"

I looked at her dumbfounded. Lol

15. All I know is how my southern American mouth says it: gwherelawn - does that makes sense how I wrote that? Soft "g"-where- lawn