How Do You Organize Your Craft Supplies???

1. Wow, Twinkle.tink!!! I'm really impressed with your multiple areas and how everything is so neat and clean! I love it! I can only imagine what fun you and your kids must have! It looks like such a warm and welcoming place to come and be crafty!

Can I also just add that I love your gorgeous and totally drool-worthy LV's that are in the pics??? This is the Purse Forum after all! :graucho: LOL!

2. I keep my fabric in either space bags, or those big ziploc storage bags. The smaller things (ribbons, appliques, patterns, etc.) are either in a plastic box, or in the plastic drawer unit thingy. I use a plastic container that has a handle on it for my basic sewing essentials like, scissors, pens, etc. rather than a sewing box.

3. I love everyones ideas!

DH and I have been talking about turning our office into half office half craft room so we both can have space in there! I think thats going to be our winter project this year!

I would just like a place to be able to spread out and not have to worry about cleaning up. I just learned to quilt and that takes up so much space, I have been going it on the kitchen table, so before I even start I have to take everything off the kitchen table, so this way if we make a craft area I can just leave it out while im working on it!

Sweetneet your set up is perfect! I love that! It makes me want to go clean right now and start making a new scrapbook!

4. That is the quintessential need for a crafter!!!!!!!

5. Ugh. You guys are so super-neat and organized. My studio/home office is a MESS! It doesn't help that I also use it for storage, either.

6. Wow Twinkle.tink! I love your oraganization. I wish I had some oraganization. I have a bunch of those plastic drawer things and some storage boxes, but they are not very organized so I can never find what I am looking for. I really don't have anywhere to keep them either, so they are just shove in corners and cabinets. I think If I had a space like your Twinkle.tink I would do more crafting.

7. #22 Dec 7, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2008
    My art room is a disaster with four corners. I TRY to keep everything organized. I am forever buying carts, bins, baskets and jars. Everything has its own home. However the moment I begin working on a project, I have to pull this or that from here, there and everywhere. That is where my so-called organizational sytem begins to work against me! I get frustrated and do not put supplies back where they belong because I might need them. I would post photos but it would bring on insta-shame at the sheer volume of mess.

8. I keep all of my art supplies in a Japanese tansu staircase my mother gave me. It has some flat drawers that are the perfect size for my papers and larger cabinets that keep my paints/brushes. I like that everything is out of sight completely.

And I keep my pens standing up in containers on my desk.

(I can take a picture if anyone is confused.)

9. ^^ Pics would be great, I have no idea what a Japanese tansu staircase is!

10. My scrapbooking tansu:

[​IMG]

The thing about tansu stairs: the top three steps are a separate piece that you can flip over to fit the remaining steps, forming a complete rectangle. I like it better as steps.

The sticker drawer:

[​IMG]

The envelope drawer:

[​IMG]

Each drawer or cabinet is a different "category." :smile:

11. ^^ That is so freakin cool and WOW you're organized!!! :smile:

12. Omigosh, that's freaking awesome! I want one!

13. Wow love the tansu stairs! where do you buy something like that?

14. My husband jokingly refers to it as my mild OCD. :sweatdrop:

Thanks!

My mom gave it to me, but I know she bought it at a small Japanese furniture store in San Diego. I bet you could find a good deal on the internet.

15. thanks so much for posting, everyone! this is a great thread. i can never seem to keep all of my odds and ends in one spot. i end up "cleaning" by moving one pile of crap off a table to another table...great ideas!!!!