How do you ladies (and gents) stay focused on your H fund?

hear, hear, sister! i haven't bought anything H lately because i'm currently beefing up on new spring/summer clothing and shoes! i'm putting myself on a self-imposed temporary shopping ban... my SA just called today with some tempting pieces and i'm so torn!

hear, hear, sister! i haven't bought anything H lately because i'm currently beefing up on new spring/summer clothing and shoes! i'm putting myself on a self-imposed temporary shopping ban... my SA just called today with some tempting pieces and i'm so torn!

msbean, what goodies are tempting you? Perhaps we can help you sort this out.

Last week I opened up a savings account and cut up a debit card that came with it. This way, I can make deposits but can't withdraw. Will see how long I can last without requesting a new debit card from the bank.:nuts:

The company that I work for allows me to buy shares in the company. For every dollar that I put in, the company puts in 40% more. So, each pay cheque, I buy the maximum amount allowed (10% of my pay cheque). I figure my company is helping me finance my Birkin bag. When I get the call that my Birkin bag is in, I'll cash in my shares.

My fund has been used for other things though. When my mom needed $4,000 to pay for her property taxes, I cashed in my Birkin fund and had to start again.

I am REALLY bad at this! Even yesterday I was contemplating spending $2K on another bag- and I am sitting her trying to convince myself NOT to buy it because that is another $2k towards my Birkin fund. AHHH. It's so annoying!!! Damn Chanel. and Jimmy Choos. and Manolo. They are the devil, I swear!

:sos:
Maam - put down the bag
Step away from the Chanel
Put down the bag....

Move on - there's nothing to see here:ninja:

You ladies crack me up!:roflmfao:

Ok. After some major thought, I'm allowing myself one more essential wadrobe piece. Then I'm D-O-N-E! Honest. :yes:

I hereby solemnly swear that I will not shop until my SA calls about the status of my dang SOs. :shrugs:

I am REALLY bad at this! Even yesterday I was contemplating spending $2K on another bag- and I am sitting her trying to convince myself NOT to buy it because that is another $2k towards my Birkin fund. AHHH. It's so annoying!!! Damn Chanel. and Jimmy Choos. and Manolo. They are the devil, I swear!

LOL sounds like my situation too..:P i am going to paris again this june and i basically saved up quite a bit.. so with all the money sitting around doing nothing.. i suddenly rekindled my love for LV and spent about 60% of my funds on wallets and bags.. the remaining 40% went to chanel accessories, wallet, bagsssss.. no more H fund now. :sad::sad::sad:

As soon as I see something I want like new shoes or some other 2K bag, I force myself to put it down, walk away and get onto TPF, where I look at all the posts of the lovely ladies in the Hermes forum - to remind me that there is nothing else I want more than an Hermes bag.

Well, that's how it works in my head....I do slip up occasionally...I can't lie to you guys...;)

Dear Ms. HL:

This is such a common problem among us all.... But, my therapy is actually taking the cliche that DH said: "if you can have THE BEST (ie H items), then why settle for less"???

You see how poetic and mind restraint he can be....

I been a 'GOOD GIRL' and have NOT bought anything other than the H items in the last 2weeks...

So, this 'recipe' works for me...

Morgan

All I can say is... maybe the Birkin Waiting List is a blessing in disguise.:angel:Hee hee..

I'm waiting for my second Birkin and everytime I think of buying smth else, I think "NOOO, THE BIRKIN IS COMING SOOOOOON!!!!DON'T DO IT!!!!!" :cursing: