How do you know when you LOVE someone?

1. How do you know when you LOVE someone as supposed to "like someone a lot"?

I know it's different for everyone, but please share your stories. I'm especially interested in the male perspective on this as well, since I've been told that guys are wired differently when it comes to this.

2. Gosh, I knew I loved my husband, when for the first time in my whole life, how he felt and his feelings, were more important to me than my own :shame:

I had had two serious boyfriends before I met my husband, but never could have imagined marrying them and having children with them. But as soon as I started dating him, I felt safe and secure for honestly, the first time in my life :heart:

We have two children now, and its a completely different kind of love, its all consuming, and an incredibly protective kind of love, where you feel literally like a tigress, protecting her young! Once we had them, I knew that I would sacrifice my life in one heartbeat for either of them, so I guess love is a pretty amazing thing :love:

3. oh, and my husband told me he loved me the first time he say my legs. I guess thats the guys prospective for you ;)
    :biggrin:

4. lol!!!:lol:

5. Hahahaha!!! :roflmfao:

6. Aside from the shallow, meaningless "love"... for example when a guy "loves" a girl's rack (or legs), I know that I love when I look at someone and I feel my chest pounding, my brain seems to bounce happily inside the skull, I almost get a little dizzy when I get close to her. Like when I am with Megs. :love:

7. OMG, this is soooo sweet!!!!:girlsigh: You and Megs are so meant to be!!!:yahoo:

8. I knew I could spend the rest of my life with my husband when I kept waiting for him to do something that made me think "this is not the one." He never made me feel wrong. It was always right.

9. it was when i cried because i was disappointed with my brother, and he cried to see me cried. then he said that he loves me, he was planning on saying this on our trip to the beach few more weeks, but he can't held it any longer :girlsigh: it was 7 years ago, and we're still happy now :heart:

10. When I didn't want to live without him in my life, yet I was still strong enough to do so if I had to.

11. When you want what is better for the other person. Even if it's not good for you.

12. OMG! That is so sweet!!!!

13. When I look into my future and he is all I see... and when I look at him- I see him as the father of my children :love: Not to mention he is my best friend in the entire world!!!

14. I guess I knew when I realized that I had never felt that way about someone. I never wanted to be without him. I couldn't imagine my life without him in it and I never wanted to.

He's my best friend. The only person that I want to tell all my news to, that I want to share everything with in life.

Well,.....except maybe bags!!

15. This thread is sending me all goose pimply now :biggrin:
    Such nice words from everyone :smile: