How do you know if you really HAVE to buy that LV?

Lately I've been looking at Ichelle's pictures of her bags and they've been making me HAVE TO HAVE IT!!! First was the neo speedy and now it's black MC. I know I am obsessed because I can't stop looking at the bags on eluxury.

I need a self-help program or group!

I try to do as much research as I can on a bag that I've been considering. Oftentimes bags will stay on my wishlists forever because I either can't afford it at the moment or I'm at limbo with whether or not I want it. However, I've been guilty of getting too many bags for my use, so I've pared my collection down twice. So far, the only things in my collection are bags and accessories I've used the most, with the exception of the Noe (which I'll be using for school since it's so big) and the bucket pouch (which I'm thinking of selling).

At the moment I'm considering getting an epi bag (yellow petit noe!) because I think I need another all-weather bag (I only have my vintage papillon 30).

DH knows me best and buys my LV for me so if he says it doesn't look like my style, I believe him over an SA trying to make a sale. The item has to be something I can use and not just sit in the box otherwise I won't even consider it.

When I can't stop thinking about it, and whenever I buy something (lunch, a pair of shoes) I think about it in relation to the LV piece (like, if I didn't buy the shoes I could pay for 1/5 of the LV)... THAT'S when I know I'm in trouble! Of course, I impulse shop a lot too so that cuts down on the obsessing LOL!

Thanks for the insights. :yes: Actually part of the reason is I'm debating on purchasing a framboise agenda. I've been wanting one since like, erm, forever... :rolleyes: :sweatdrop: Ever since like last year or so. The thing is, I don't even own an agenda, so do I actually need one?

I am also debating whether to get an agenda. I would suggest that you use a cheap agenda for about 2 to 3 weeks to see if you really need an agenda. That is what I am doing, before I purchase my Koala agenda.

The answer to the OP question, I go through phases where I think a certain bag is really cute, but then I research it on this forum, and find out the advantages and disadvantages of it.

Right now I am not lusting after any LV bags, but I have had my eye on a certain Marc Jacobs bag for the longest time.

I am also debating whether to get an agenda. I would suggest that you use a cheap agenda for about 2 to 3 weeks to see if you really need an agenda. That is what I am doing, before I purchase my Koala agenda.

The answer to the OP question, I go through phases where I think a certain bag is really cute, but then I research it on this forum, and find out the advantages and disadvantages of it.

Right now I am not lusting after any LV bags, but I have had my eye on a certain Marc Jacobs bag for the longest time.

I agree with this one haha. I tried to use the cheap agenda first, to see if I really need one. ;)

That's one of the benefits of only buying one or 2 LV items a year, lol, by the time I am ready to make a purchase I've usually thought long and hard about what bag to buy for a good 6 mos. so I'm pretty certain of what I want and what I need! I rework my wishlist every so often but if that one bag sticks on it then it's a done deal. I always use what I get as well, once I get over the initial "new bag it's too pristine how on earth can I touch this thing and use it", fear, lmao! Once it gets it's first 'ding' then the coast is clear and we become good friends, lol, meaning I use it often w/out looking back!