How do you kindly reject someone?

1. I don't know how to not give my number out to someone. Usually, when I really really am not interested in someone I give them my phone number but switch around a couple numbers, so that way it's an "honest mistake", haha - I never can just say no, you can't have it... but then I feel bad and hope I never run into them again.

What do you do in these situations?

2. :lol: At switching numbers!

If you want to avoid having to tell them no, what you're doing now works. But if you do want them to not ask for it anymore in case you run into them again, you could always tell them that you're "sort of seeing someone", that you have a boyfriend, or that you're very flattered, but not interested at this time. Just be up front and honest, but nice at the same time :biggrin:

3. Switching the numbers seems so wrong to me! LOL! I guess at least he saves face in front of his friends?? But I think the right thing to do is say, "I'm sorry, I'm not interested" in a very sincere manner. There's nothing wrong with that! It's way worse to be led on (IMO).

4. Hahaha, oh man... switching numbers is just something I came up with at the whim of a moment, and I've been using that method ever since. Maybe I just need to work on being more blunt so that I can actually say I'm not interested. I'll work on it!! :smile:

5. Just tell them that you have a man!

6. ^ Or that you're into girls :lol: I did that once.... :noworry::p

7. Yay my avatar worked!

LOL about nextnewface's idea of telling him you're into girls. It might come back to haunt you! :smile:

8. Oh man, have I got a story to tell here! This one time I went to a club and this guy kindly asked for my number. I must be drunk or something at that time and gave him a "random" number off the top of my head. A few hours later, I got a frantic phone call from my work supervisor telling me that some guy kept calling her house and asking for me. Turned out that the random number I gave out was her number! :lol: I was so embarrassed that I had to apologize and come up with a quick lie (how I used my friend's cell phone to call her last time and that the guy must have thought that number was my number and is trying to reach me). Talk about craziness... :push:

It's a good thing I don't go clubbing anymore. :smile:

9. I find it hard to reject someone so when somebody too. One time, a guy i wasn't interested in asked for my number. Well, i gave it to him but changed the last digit. I bumped into him a couple of weeks later and he told me that he tried reaching me at that number and i pretended like i didn't know what he was talking about. I know. Bad!

10. give him your "number" but make it an overseas phone number... or just verbally reject him nicely.

or you could say you don't have a phone...and make up a conspiracy theory as to why not.

11. i agree with this! i would either flat out say i wasn't interested, but in a kind way of course, or say 'i have a boyfriend'. if i were the guy, i'd rather just have my hopes deflated than to later find out someone lied to me and tricked me!

12. LOL. that is so funny. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

13. Just tell him that you're not interested :smile:
    I find that you can avoid a lot of stuff by simply stating the truth!! :smile:

14. I had this problem before (before i am married). and i did exactly what leila did.. ha ha ha. Its kinda hard to say no to somebody.

15. I would always just tell them I had a boyfriend. Now I tell them I'm married. I had some guy hit on me while we were standing in line at the airport. I had my wedding ring on & my husband was standing right behind me! What a dufus:oh: