Home & Garden How do you keep a down comforter evenly distributed inside a duvet cover?

Years ago I used a duvet cover and to get the comforter back in after washing I had to crawl in to the slit of the duvet cover to get the comforter in place. What a pain! I didn't have problems with it shifting though between washings. I got tired of the whole 'putting it in place' thing though, and quit using duvet covers. Now I just have my comforter laying on my bed in all its glory! I've found down comforters in colors, but never found one with pretty embroidery or print on its shell. I'd love to have one with delicate embroidery and a hint of pastels in the design, and I don't understand why such a thing isn't out on the market (unless I'm just missing it).

Hah, I have to do the same thing! Luckily, I don't have problems with it moving since my bed is against a wall, so I tuck that part in between the bed and the wall.
I hate duvet covers with a passion though, if I could find a nice pink/white striped comforter like the duvet cover I have now, I'd be a happy person.

This very problem is turning me into a basketcase. The hubby gets all the good stuff and I am left with 4 feet of duvet cover. My son also manages to end up with the stuffing either at his feet or at his head. It's maddening.

i thought i was the only one with this problem lol. it bothers me so much i end up getting out of bed to grab each corner and distribute evenly. i'm going to try the safety pins.

my grandmother taught me this trick: turn the duvet inside out and hold on to the corners from the inside. pick up the comforter by the ends and shake the duvet down. it should shimmy all the way down.

i thought i was the only one with this problem lol. it bothers me so much i end up getting out of bed to grab each corner and distribute evenly. i'm going to try the safety pins.

my grandmother taught me this trick: turn the duvet inside out and hold on to the corners from the inside. pick up the comforter by the ends and shake the duvet down. it should shimmy all the way down.

Martha Stewart taught me that one! :P

i thought i was the only one with this problem..lol.. i have a king size one and was getting frustrated with it this morning.. i think i am going to go buy the clips too

I have given up on duvet covers for a couple of reasons:

1. I like the nice, cool, soft feel of the down comforter on my feet when I stick them out at night

2. I get annoyed with this very problem.

DH and I have just been using a down comforter. I wash it on gentle now and then, and tumble it dry on low for like 6 hours. If I want to change the look and use a duvet cover, I'm ashamed to say I usually just throw the duvet cover on top of the down comforter when I make the bed (or fold it across the foot of the bed).

Update: I got the clips from Bed, Bath & Beyond. They were less than $10 and they work PERFECTLY! The duvet hasn't moved an inch since we started using them. One more household annoyance, gone!