how do you girls take cares of your spies

winona77 said:
has anyone here gotten their bag wet? anything happen?
i'm getting my Choco in a couple of days and I'm wondering about protection before the snow arrives...

I've heard that it's not necessary to treat the leather on the spys. To tell you the truth, I never treat any of my bags...and believe me, living in NY, I get caught in the rain! Nothing ever happens. I sometimes condition them with Coach leather conditioner...but very rarely, maybe once a year.

My cognac Spy is showing quite a bit of wear around the edges and on the bottom. The leather has lightened and the sheen has worn off...is it too late for Apple Guard? Will AG even help the appearance of the bag, or will it only protect it from further wear?

La Moda Mia said:
I've heard that it's not necessary to treat the leather on the spys. To tell you the truth, I never treat any of my bags...and believe me, living in NY, I get caught in the rain! Nothing ever happens. I sometimes condition them with Coach leather conditioner...but very rarely, maybe once a year.

I did the same with two of my spies. I appy coach leather conditioner but only once in a while (probably once a year)? It makes the leather shine and pretty. :love:

winona77 said:
has anyone here gotten their bag wet? anything happen?
i'm getting my Choco in a couple of days and I'm wondering about protection before the snow arrives...

I got caught in a downpour w/ my spy.. I have the honey wisteria one. and it was wet, but OK afterwards... no water stains or anything like that.

Since the spy is already treated, i don't spray anything on it .. but i do condition her w/ coach leather conditioner from time to time. The SA at Bergdorf said it's ok to condition treated bags since it's only moisturizing them.

Hi everyone, I just purchased a cognac/dark brown spy. I am hearing all this talk about the spy becoming distressed. Can you please post some pictures of your worn spies? Please mention how old she is and how much she's used, if you don't mind. Thanks!

mpark46 said:
I have a chocolate spy and have AP'd it. Thank goodness I did, because the other day I spilled some hot & sour soup on my bag.

It was a cinch to just wipe off.

OMGosh I would have freaked out. I'm glad you got your bag cleaned up.

Would cognac and chocolate be a close second?

I actually think the browns would hold up better. The black can fade or get a greenish tinge to it if it blushes. My black baby spy has held up wonderfully, but I think the browns look better with the aging and blushing. I have a Choco Spy and I absolutely LOVE the way she's aged. It really compliments the bag!:yes:

so far I haven't used anything on any of my bags. I was just asking this ? in the prada forum as far as different bags require different products (depending on what type of leather) I have a bb spy but never took out in the rain.