how do you feel about resellers?

sorry for my ignorance, why do the resellers do that? why do they buy every pair from a department store?? Why cant they just get one pair of each shoe in each size? Viola everyone is happy!

I seriously dont get it!

well, they do it because then the item is sold out instore ;), hence buyers then have to go to ebay etc to get them, and as soon as they are classed as sold out, they demand a premium ;)

What has always intrigued me is what the designer really thinks about it. I assume they love the fact that the shoes sell out immediately! They surely do not care that they have gone to a reseller that will sell them for a premium, as far as they are concerned, their item has sold out in one day ! Or do you think it does bother them?

Blackbird - do you really think that if the item was widely available at an outlet or off price retailer that the item would do well on Ebay, I can't imagine so, but that is just my opinion.

I don't think they would. But that's also why there are some that I've seen readily at the outlet stores that are still on eBay for the last several weeks. But not all sellers are that smart to figure out what people are buying as opposed to "oh! Christian Louboutin! That's a hot brand and people will be paying top dollar for this just because it's Christian Louboutin" and then no one buys it on eBay even. I think the better resellers do their research to figure out what people are buying as opposed to what they can get cheap and think that other people will just buy it from them.

Well I don't think she's making that much off her shoes. Remember there are ebay listing fees, paypal fees, state tax, etc she has to pay. We are all complaining that she is jacking up her prices so much but she does have to spend time looking for the shoe and paying all the fees. Her shoes don't always sell the first time she posts so she probably accounts for that also. I think its only fair she make a little on her shoe or I would suspect some times she only wants to get her money back on it.

I've seen a seller sell a Very Prive with red tips for like $1000. Yeah I think that is pretty darn high but I'm thinking you can't get that shoe anymore unless you can custom order it (if you're lucky to do so). Custom ordering is 30% on top of retail so when you add everything else on top of that yeah I can see why that shoe is $1000!

^ well i guess she doesn't make THAT much off one pair but when you have 50+ pairs of shoes...she is definitely getting a run for looking for the shoes. she might just get calls from SAs letting her know which shoe just came in since she's a great customer.

I am neutral when it comes to resellers. It is annoying to see the hike in price for a pair CLs on EBay, especially when you know they cost $200-300 less in a retail store. On the other hand, these reseller are expanding globally the CL market through Ebay, which will give everybody an opportunity to buy a pair of CL shoes. I am sure a buyer would be willing to pay any price for a pair of much desired CL, especially if they live in an area where CL shoes are limited or not available in their local department stores.

I am torn over this issue.

On one hand, I am friendly (over ebay-not IRL) with NGG, and I think that they are doing a good service, in that they are providing a place to buy CLs that people KNOW will always be authentic and exactly what it shown in the pics. These days, having NGG and RDF is a blessing for new CL searchers, becuase they dont know what a real one vs a fake one looks like, and they dont know what scams could happen. So, having power-resellers is like having a permanent "back-up plan", a pillar that is always there, always open, in case you need them.

That being said, I have many times wished and prayed that NGG or RDF would lower the price on one of my HGs, but they always stayed way too far out of my reach. I have to buy things on sale now (grrr), and cant afford to pay the huge markup when they go clear out the sale section and then relist at full price. I have actually cried over the frustration.

But, that could also be construed as "If you cant afford it, dont try to beg it cheaper." But thats a very not-nice way to look at it. :sad:

Last edited:
Well I don't think she's making that much off her shoes. Remember there are ebay listing fees, paypal fees, state tax, etc she has to pay. We are all complaining that she is jacking up her prices so much but she does have to spend time looking for the shoe and paying all the fees. Her shoes don't always sell the first time she posts so she probably accounts for that also. I think its only fair she make a little on her shoe or I would suspect some times she only wants to get her money back on it.

why do so much work and make so little?? she is not helping anybody in the shoe business. if she's buying from dept store..there must be some kind of vip or goodies offered from the store, don't you think?? i don't know...just a question.

it's just one time, on of my heel wasn't straight. if i bought that from ebay at a higher price than retail...i'd be very upset. i still perfer dept store...like someone said earlier..like to "test drive" the shoe and see how it's gonna match the outfits..etc. i like to get good deals from ebay...when i add all the risk factors of the full price..i just think it's not worth it to me.

I think that the resellers aren't necessarily doing anything wrong, but I wish they didn't snatch up all the sale stuff before the people who really want the shoes, not just to resell them, can get to them.

Of course, it's hard to see NGG and the others like her mark the shoes (we want so badly) up by so much. She's got the in, and takes advantage of it. And legally, I can't complain. But it can be frustrating.

On the other hand...like you Fashion, I have recently started acquiring a small number of sale shoes (to sell) to fund my own bank-breaking shoe habit. I try to be picky about what I buy, only buying the styles & sizes that I think are good finds. And, I don't buy shoes out from under my fellow tPFers. Meaning, if I know someone is looking for something, I will tell them about it or post it on the HTF list, rather that scoop it up for resale.

I think if you are a good seller, who treats your buyers kindly and don't rob them with outrageous prices, it can be good for everyone.
I know I would not have found some of my favorite shoes without eBay sellers.

It would never even ocurr to me to buy from resellers. If I can't buy an expensive item from a store with a good reputation and good return policy then I don't buy at all. It's irrelevant to me if an item is hot or popular, that doesn't bother me at all. Fashion is made to become unfashionable, right? So there will be even hotter and more popular item down the road.