How do you exfoliate?

1. I know we need to exfoliate our skin once or twice a week, but there are so many ways to do it and so many products. :shrugs: So far I've just been using St. Ive's Apricot Scrub, but I don't think it's doing that great of a job. I've recently also purchased some Spa-grade Glycolic cream, can't wait to start using that.

How does everyone else do it? :confused1:

2. I was using a product by Aveda that you can't buy (got it on eBay:graucho: )...Then I got a sample of the Lancome microdermabrasion cream and it's hands/down the easiest.....My skin is silky smooth and it really does the job in about 2 minutes!!!! Then immediately I apply either vitamin C or a nurturing serum...the product gets right in there and my skin is radiant!! I'm a firm believer in exfoliation!!!

3. Oh I liked the "old" ste-ive's apricot scrub but now they changed it to a creamy type with almost no particles in it...
    I currently use Lancome's pure focus exfoliator EVERY time before I put on makeup, otheriwse foundation goes on in nasty flakes of dead skin (it's dry up here in Canada) lol. Oh, it also prevents pimples for me :yes:

4. I use Shiseido's Pore Purifying Warming Scrub. It works well, and it makes my skin feel sooo smooth. I also like Shiseido's The Skincare Purifying Mask, though this is not technically an exfoliator. It also leaves my skin feeling really smooth and nice, and seems to exfoliate a bit too. :p

5. Kate Somerville-Kate in A Jar. Pricy but very effective.

6. That's totally me! I used to use Lancome, but now I use Bobbi Brown's buffing grains in my cleanser. Then I use her cream exfoliating wash 2 times a week (that's the only time I don't use buffing grains). I mainly get the flakes around my eyebrows. So I do a lot of exfoliating there.

7. I want that product so much but they don't ship to Canada if you have a Box number address :crybaby:

8. I finally tried the professional grade glycolic acid I bought online last night. It's exactly like the kind that my aesthetician uses, and my skin feels so soft today! :yahoo:

9. rin, are you game to try handmade stuff? ;) The bath and beauty sellers on Etsy are awesome! Must admit I have bought from only one seller so far (bradli), but I've read a lot about the B&B sellers there and have just ordered a few small items (among them, floap - a soap that floats!) from Gudonya.

MoonGardenCreations
    http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=271&section_id=5004766

Purses, is there any fragrance that you are specifically looking for? The feedback on Gudonya's "Body Kiss" , an exfoliatori AND moisturizer is excellent. She ships internationally, and I communicated with her for the first time yesterday - great communication from her, very responsive.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5638244

$4 plus shipping

Feedback on her "Body Kiss"

http://www.etsy.com/feedback_public.php?user_id=16337&feedback_type=all&page=2

circleskirt
    "This is the most innovative and wonderful product. At first I was a little apprehensive but after the 1st try I'm hooked. Great Etsy experience with this seller, and this is my second purchase! Thanks for the samples too. You're da bomb!"

http://www.etsy.com/feedback_public.php?user_id=16337&feedback_type=all&page=3

mizsjr

"Gudonya rocks my socks! This is the best ever Pink Sugar type fragrance I've found in etailer products and I can't get enough of the Body Kisses. This is my new favorite product!"

http://www.etsy.com/feedback_public.php?user_id=16337&feedback_type=all&page=6

shalayneoriginals

"Quite possibly my most favorite of your products so far, I LOVE how this made my skin feel and smell even hours afterward!! Love it!!"

10. i have been using clinique's body sloughing cream, now called sparkle skin exfoliator, since i was in NINTH GRADE- almost 20 years now. you aren't *supposed* to use it on your face, but i do, every morning. i have, not to brag, but nice skin and when i don't use it (run out, can't get to the store), i notice a *HUGE* difference. when they were discontinuing the sloughing cream, i went to every store i could to buy it up. then they released a 'new' product- the sparkle skin- it's the same thing- just a prettier name. i was thrilled!!! i have med/dark/olivey skin. if you were fair skinned, maybe use it only a couple times aweek. also, it's less thn $20!

11. There are a lot of "gentle scrubs" out there, but they don't seem to work as well 'cause they don't "scrub" anything off. So is it fair to say that scrubs with more and bigger particles are more effective?

12. Thank you so much for your offer!:smile: I have my heart set out on Kate Sumerville's Kate in a Jar at the moment. I have heard many good things about this product.

13. oooh! I've been wanting to try this for a while now! I heard it's really good:yes:

14. how about dermabrasion or Glycolic acid?

15. I'm actually in love with the microdermabrasion set by Mary Kay... Since I've been pregnant my skin has decided to become sensative, so I can't use chunky scrubs and the grit in this stuff is so fine that it suits my needs perfectly.