How do you decide pricing for Ebay?

1. I hope this is OK to post, if it's not please remove. I'm not sure what to ask for a bag I'm thinking of selling. It's the black MC boulogne and has been only used by me for the last year and a half, medium patina. What would you ask for something like that? And in general, do you start at half retail and wait to see how it goes or do you set your reserve at a certain % of the current retail price? Thanks for your input!
  2. Try to run an advanced search on eBay for the closed listings on a particular item. Then you can figure out an average closing price and starting bid. :yes:
  3. ^ I agree! see what the same item in the same condition has sold for and that's how much you should price your item around. However, have a price in mind before you check the completed listing because you don't want to sell your item at a price you werent willing to sell it for.

I usually set it my auctions at BIN (submit best offer) because that way I can control how much I want to sell it for.
  4. Decide what you want for the bag then factor in the eBay fees
  5. The advanced search is good advice. Some bags have good resale prices on eBay and others don't seem to do as well. Research in advance will save you from listing too high.
  6. That's what I do.