Scarves Cleaning and Caring for Hermès Scarves

Got brave enough to try sizing spray. I thought it would come out of the can in a mist but it came out in a forceful stream, leaving a wet spot. Thankfully dried ok, but to cover the whole scarf I might as well soak it :mad: Did I just get a defective can?

• Wow
Reactions: Nomad
Got brave enough to try sizing spray. I thought it would come out of the can in a mist but it came out in a forceful stream, leaving a wet spot. Thankfully dried ok, but to cover the whole scarf I might as well soak it :mad: Did I just get a defective can?
Mine does the same thing, so I will be curious to know what those who have experience with sizing spray have to say. Hopefully they can share some tips!

Reactions: Nomad
My sizing is in a plastic pump spray, not a can. Perhaps the nozzle was just clogged?

I couldn't find anything previous that addressed my specific concern. If you dry clean the Twilly and then wrap it back on your bag handle, then don't the dry cleaning chemicals get absorbed into the leather? Wouldn't that eventually cause damage? How do you clean yours? Thanks!

I handwash with a detergent for silk /wool, sometimes soaking it a bit depending on how dirty the Twilly is. I always put one of those colour-catching sheets into the wash-water, too, just to be on the safe side. Afterwards, I air-dry and iron. My SA said that silk loves dry heat (not to the burning point!) and my twillies look nice and shiny.

Of course they remain not as plush on the seams as the twillies that I do not wear on handles as they get a different I.e. heavier kind of use. The silk gets very soft and beautiful to the touch over time, which I personally like on my handles.

Having said this, I have twillies that I never use on handels which I dry-clean.

I handwash with a detergent for silk /wool, sometimes soaking it a bit depending on how dirty the Twilly is. I always put one of those colour-catching sheets into the wash-water, too, just to be on the safe side. Afterwards, I air-dry and iron. My SA said that silk loves dry heat (not to the burning point!) and my twillies look nice and shiny.

Of course they remain not as plush on the seams as the twillies that I do not wear on handles as they get a different I.e. heavier kind of use. The silk gets very soft and beautiful to the touch over time, which I personally like on my handles.

Having said this, I have twillies that I never use on handels which I dry-clean.
Thank you!

So, am I correct to infer that you also think the dry cleaning chemicals might damage the leather since you dry clean your other silks?