How do you carry your BBags?

1. I hope this has not been discussed recently, but I am a little perplexed by how to best carry my First, City and Twiggy. The bags seem to go out of shape if I use the shoulder strap, so I tend to dangle them from the crook of my elbow, mainly to keep my grubby hands off the handles. But that got me wondering if I should perhaps remove the shoulder strap completely, because when it gets in front of the bag, it obstructs the full beauty of the bag!

Anyway, just wondering how you ladies carry your BBags to show off their best side. Anyone remove the straps from their Firsts, Cities or Twiggies?
  2. I have both the First and City.
    Most of the time I carry them in the crook of my elbow,
    and use the strap when I'm carrying other things as shopping "paper" bags !!!
  3. Hi Roxane, I have removed the straps from both my City and First, as I never used to use the straps and I found they would always get in my way. They are nicely stored in the box, along with the spare tassels. I carry my bags by the handles, in the crook of my arm, or, if I'm not wearing bulk clothes, on my shoulder (which I find to be the most comfortable way).
  4. Most of the time, I carry my City in the crook of my elbow. Sometimes, in my hand (I have an Ink City so I don't worry about the handles darkening) if my hands are full. I keep the shoulder strap attached but rarely use it. I just like knowing that it's there in case I need it.
  5. I use either the strap when I'm shopping and I have a lot of bags (like yesterday during my 3 hour Nordies binge) or I put it in the crook of my arm.
  6. I usually use the shoulder strap when carrying the First + City. I like the way it slouches. :smile:
  7. I also took the strap off all my Twiggies, I also did not like how they slouch when I use the strap. I carry them in hand, or in the crook of my elbow. I try and be conscious about handle darkening, but I have Apple Garded the handles and c'est la vie.

I wish you well,

8. omg edna! i totally agree with you. i actually love how it slouches when you wear it using the strap. but i dont do that all the time. i usually wear it on my elbow. sometimes i just hold the handles period. lol but here's a pic of me wearing it on my shoulder & how slouchy it is!

9. I don't really like how it looks with the shoulder strap, but I try to use it about half the time to keep the handles clean/spread out the wear. The rest of the time I either hand carry it or tuck it under my shoulder.
  10. i have a city and i leave the strap on. sometimes i wear it messenger style if i get too tired having it on the crook of my arm.
  11. I either use the strap or carry it in on my shoulder or use the handle for the crook of my arm. Obviously with the day/hobo, I carry it on my shoulder. I leave the staps on all of my bags, even the first.
  12. Usually on the shoulder with the strap. It's just so comfortable that way! Sometimes I hold it by hand but rarely on the crrok of my arm.

13. I'm with fromparis :yes: :love: !!!
  14. I wear it in the crook of my elbow, the handles on my shoulder, and sometimes if I'm dealing with my screaming child, I throw the shoulder strap on my shoulder.
  15. According to Holt Renfrew's Fall/Winter magazine, convertible bags are HOT. Maybe tuck the strap behind the bag so it doesn't interfere with the look of the front of the bag? That's what I'll be doing when I get my FIRST b-bag! :yahoo: