How do you care for your MJ bags?

Elly0216

Apr 26, 2007
Hi ladies

i'm just wondering how you all care for marc jacobs bags. Do you use a leather conditioner or spray? I want to keep my venetia in good condition...and am careful with her, but i don't know whether or not i should use a leather cond/or spray. I don't accidently want to ruin it! I'd love to hear what your advice is. Thanks

MJ leather is very durable, I don't think you need to treat the leather with anything to protect it. Maybe some rain repellant spray wouldn't hurt if you live in an area with rain. I clean/condition the bag as needed; I've used Apple Guarde and Cole Haan products without any problems. Alcohol free baby wipes are probably the most gentle product you can use to keep it clean regularly.

I clean and moisturize my venetia during the dry, hot months (I live in Arizona, so this is a pretty long time), but I barely have to do any maintenance any other time of the year.

I agree that the leather doesn't need to be treated often. I generally condition them about once a year with Coach moisturizer or Apple lotion. If the nickel/silver hardware tarnishes, then I polish with a soft cloth, or a silver cleaning cloth if necessary.

ROFL... I WISH there was a burlington near me. But since I've got plenty of Apple(thanks to you!:P), I guess I don't need to go for a while!

You'd be surprised what's hiding up in this little ol' noggin of mine.