how do you authenticate?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was wondering when you buy a purse from eBay and you want to make sure it's real do you just go to a LV store and ask the SA? I've read people's post where they just go and get it authenticated. What does that mean? Do they brush you off because you bought your lv somewhere else? Are they rude, or is this part of their job?
  2. Go up to the top of the forum can to the shopping thread. you will see a thread there Authenticate this ....

post your link/ pictures there.
  3. There are many ways to have an item authenticated:
    • Go and meet with a Store Manager - they will give you a verbal opinion but nothing in writing. I've also heard that some stores will no longer even do that.
    • Take lots of pics, pay 5US and email them to caroldiva or mypoupette.
    • Take lots of pics and post them in the Authenticate This LV thread in the Shopping section - free but we are not professional authenticators, we merely give our opinions.
  4. I was worried that each photo seem to have different lighting, the straps appear darker and lighter in some photos, the background is changed three times. and the seller doesn't have any feed back. but the date codes are correct and the o's look right too.
  5. FAKE - seller is showing different bags. The pics with the seller's id is fake.
  6. Please check the "authenicate this" thread in the Louis Vuitton Shopping section or the Reference Library for lots of threads on this topic. Thanks! :smile:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.