how do you all DO IT?!

If my dad knew I was eyeing a purse that expensive, all he'd do would be to convince (or demand) me not to get it, not get it for me.

sometimes i don't think he's aware of price. sometimes he's in there and pretends to show no interest and has "get it quick and get out" kinda mindset. lol. but he does still spend it. and will go into burberry interested. last year when we went to new york, we weren't even in the city yet and he goes "i want a burberry scarf." i was surprised...the first thing we did was go to burberry and buy him a scarf. i was floored. lol.

A lot of people here get things from boyfriends and husbands. Others get things for presents from family. Some work and buy their own things. Others are lucky enough to be wealthy (or back to the husband/boyfriend one). I personally fall into the poor suckers who have to work for it category. I have a job but only work 10 hours a week because that's all I can manage with all my other stuff and that's all my job requirement is...one time I wanted like 2 extra hours and it was like a hassle! So I get my Louis by saving saving saving....when I was saving for my wapity I seriously didn't spend any money at all for like a month, I like never went to the movies or out to eat or buy new clothes, nothing, I was saving hardcore, that's what I plan to start doing for my loup!

^^^^^ me two summers ago. i worked for my dad's company 35 hours a week, and saved all of it, did not spend one dime from may until my trip to nyc at the end of august. i went to the city with 7 grand and spent about 3500 in vuitton. should have spent all of it there. lol.

I am single (like you) and have a job that pays very, very, very well. I got laid off from my previous position ( extremely eye opening) and realized it was a great idea to have both a great 401K savings as well as a good ( I would think 2 yrs of income) savings account. I learned to save early and often. Therefore my search for an LV has been a bit harder than others. AND given the fact I would like to save my income for a discount FC fare to anywhere in the world.. well I struggle sometimes. I am still searching for my first LV and if I have to pay full price then I will. But it is always a good idea to have some savings to back it up. Best of luck to ya!!

p.s. ignore what anyone else spends.. do what is right for you. Period. :biggrin: Sorry but I think my own wealth is much sexier than a dude who buys you LV. At least I can rely on that.

I too fall into the "I am a poor sucker who has to work for it" category. Tee hee! I work full time, make a good salary, and then pay cash for all my bags. But sometimes I also feel as if other people in the Forum have so much more than I do!

But seriously, since I discovered that many people sell their bags secondhand, it's been quite a while since I paid retail. Almost all my bags are from eBay. Others are from sales at department stores. And I was thrilled to learn about Aloha Rag, which is where I purchased my Chloe Betty.

Since my husband understands the designer bag fetish to a certain extent, he doesn't give me a hard time about it. But he certainly isn't buying me any of them! The day he comes home with a bag from the Louis Vuitton boutique for me will be the day that pigs fly.

I'm a stay at home mom, so it's my husband that purchases the LV for me. I'm a newbie though, so I've only received 2 purses since Christmas. I don't crazy with spending (for the most part) and my husband loves buying me things that I love. He's a sweetie!:smile:

I too fall into the "I am a poor sucker who has to work for it" category. Tee hee! I work full time, make a good salary, and then pay cash for all my bags. But sometimes I also feel as if other people in the Forum have so much more than I do!

But seriously, since I discovered that many people sell their bags secondhand, it's been quite a while since I paid retail. Almost all my bags are from eBay. Others are from sales at department stores. And I was thrilled to learn about Aloha Rag, which is where I purchased my Chloe Betty.

Since my husband understands the designer bag fetish to a certain extent, he doesn't give me a hard time about it. But he certainly isn't buying me any of them! The day he comes home with a bag from the Louis Vuitton boutique for me will be the day that pigs fly.

i understand a lot of people buy their bags secondhand...but i have never bought anything that wasn't from a boutique except a coach bag secondhand because it was no longer available in stores (long since sold that on eBay lol) and i was somewhat disappointed with it. i'm afraid i will feel the same if i buy used LV :sad:

Lol.
I love working during the summer because it gives me the freedom of spending, and like John said, it's MY money so I can do whatever I want with it! (I hate it when people tell me how I should spend my money. Unless I'm in debt or totally broke I believe that I should be allowed to do whatever I want)
Totally agree..! :yes: I wonder why some people can't just mind their own business. :Push: Caring and being concern is one thing, but if the person who is spending his/her own money doesn't even face any problem and is managing his/her finances well enough (perhaps even better than them :rolleyes: ) I think they should just keep their advises to themselves. Sometimes it really annoys me that some people who are in debts due to gambling, spends tons on cigarettes, modifying their cars, etc, can offer so much financial advises. :rolleyes: I mean, who should be the one to judge what is "useless" and what is "worth spending"? Whatever makes the one spending his/her money happy! :supacool:

Well, I'm a full-time student,and my PT job pay sucks:yucky:!!! BIG thanks to my very generous parents:shame:for supporting my LV addiction!!!

Also, I usually sell a bag in order to buy a new one. IMO Its a waste having a bag sitting in the closet and not using it.

I'm a stay at home mom, so it's my husband that purchases the LV for me. I'm a newbie though, so I've only received 2 purses since Christmas. I don't crazy with spending (for the most part) and my husband loves buying me things that I love. He's a sweetie!:smile:

ONLY? since Christmas? :sad: that's the kind i'm talking about! Christmas was only 2 weeks ago!

I haven't purchased one yet, but will be in the next week or two. My current funds came from selling one of my wardrobes that I just didn't wear anymore (I have/had three: normal luxury clothing, gothwear, and EGL) and I sold nearly every bit of the EGL. I also have a very loving, generous boyfriend who helps me out both at Valentines, Anniversary, my Birthday, and Christmas for my major purchases, and whenever he gets a large sum of money in he'll buy me something really nice. My Dad also helps at holidays, plus I work for him a couple times a week and earn money that way typing for his business.

I'm in the same position you are. My parents would NEVER buy me an LV straight out. They are wonderful, perfect, loving parents who are paying for both my sister and I's college education, no scholarships, loans, nothing. Plus my Dad bought me my car and a 3 bedroom house to live in while at college, so I wouldn't dare ask them for a bag, I'd rather just gather the funds myself and buy it. I don't have a job, other than doing work for my Dad :/ I do summer courses all the time and I work my butt off during school, and I just can't juggle job and school at the same time, which is spoiled and terrible I know, but I tend to focus every bit of my energy on one thing at a time, and right now it's college.

It's hard to gather up that much money. It takes time, and I know the only reason I'll be able to buy 2 bags this year plus the 4-5 accessories that I want is because I sold off that huge wardrobe. Next year, I probably will only be able to get one bag a some accessories at holidays.

But think of it this way: once you are graduated and married, with no kids, you have a combined income and the living expenses of just two people, so you will be more capable of purchasing your LVs ^_^

well i'm probably the only one who buys things on credit.

i am single, work full time but don't make a lot of money. but i also work all kinds of extra jobs- teach classes, etc. anything to make extra money. i am also debating getting a real weekend job. i also sell on ebay which i am trying to wind down by selling off everything i have but it's hard. even though i have A LOT of debt i pay A LOT off every month. i just plain spend too much. even though at times i think i'm out of control i do what i have to to pay my bills and know that i always will. if i want to splurge and buy myself a thing or two i think i deserve it.

mainly i think i spend too much on food and daily stuff- it's so much to live here in nyc.

but i am very lucky that i have a mom who occasionally buys me something like my bh and zippy groom. but that's pretty rare.

right now i'm trying to learn to save- i will have money to pay down my bills every month and then save a little on the side. hopefully by the end of the year i should have a good start for savings and something for a new bag. we'll see what my birthday etc brings as well. lol.

oh and i am desperate to find a new job that pays more. which in reality should not be that hard to do considering what i make.

Well, I'm a full-time student,and my PT job pay sucks:yucky:!!! BIG thanks to my very generous parents:shame:for supporting my LV addiction!!!

Also, I usually sell a bag in order to buy a new one. IMO Its a waste having a bag sitting in the closet and not using it.

yes, i do that too. i sold off most of my coach. but i have issues will selling certain ones even if i don't use them. like i don't use my white leather dior saddle bag hardly at all, but i do still love it and my daddy bought it for me. i should use it more. and my coach bag i got for free when working at the boutique as a reward for our store making our holiday sales goal. don't use it but not sure if i should sell it off. but the fendi i posted earlier in this thread is verrrry close to being sold off. no one gave me their opinion on whether i should or not!

2 coach bags will be sold off soon :smile: but they just don't pull in the same amount of money for me as they used to. a lot of coach on ebay now is new, for less than retail. hard to match that.

I work my ass off to get what I want. Most people think it's stupid how I spend my money, but last time I checked, it was my money and I spent it as I pleased. I also remember that I bought things because I liked them and didn't need anyone's approval to buy things. [I recently got in a heated argument with 2 friends over this.] *Does Z-Snap*

ITA. :rochard:
lol.

But as for me, I've been lucky with very gracious parents, having my college paid for since my dad was in the military for nearly 30 years and I sell things on ebay...it makes a decent amount. Enough to get what I want :yes:

But think of it this way: once you are graduated and married, with no kids, you have a combined income and the living expenses of just two people, so you will be more capable of purchasing your LVs ^_^

everyone thinks that, and i wish it was true, but my graduation present is going to be the horse i have wanted more than anything in the world since i was 4. and he is going to be a HUGE expense. which will most likely mean no more LV :sad:

and those of you with boyfriends... LUCKY. i have never really had a boyfriend. much less a boyfriend to buy me such beautiful gifts :sad: