How do people sell COACH so low?

well who says you need to make a profit on the new styles? you can make a profit on older styles too. i live in nyc and have sold coach and done just fine. i'm a little at a loss about what you're asking here.

Not everyone sells on ebay for a profit, a lot of girls just want to make space in their closets or generate funds for towards the next bag purchase. Not to mention cutting losses on some of those impulse buys.

I have sold lots of my things, some of them never used, at 10%-20% of original value. Mostly my reasoning is I get 0% if I just let it sit there and collect dust!

I know that you are asking about serious selling, but people will always buy at the lowest prices, so those casual sellers are your competitors.

I've sold Coach on eBay that was just sitting around unused. I didn't really care what it sold for. The buyer ended up being a seller of a lot of Coach stuff on eBay. So some of the people get their stuff on eBay and resell it for more.

The Coach Store here has a Boxing Day Sale which is truly a big deal ;the line goes for blocks. But even so, it is hard to find what sells ( I bought an ipod case for $ 45.00CDN and on Ebay they were going for no higher than $20.00 USD). So there really is not much profit in that unless you know what to buy. I have heard that on your Thanksgiving the outlets have great sales til midnight. That would be cool to go to, but then I would have to stay in the States a while just so I wouldn't have to pay duty going home.

As for selling that one bag, I would wait until a 10 cent listing day or something good like that and then list it. That way your fees are not high if it doesnt end of selling. I work for eBay and I list things that don't sell all the time, but usually my fees are only like $1.50 or so when my item doesnt sell, so it's not too bad. And I don't get any discounts either for working for them.. I just wait for the monthly cheap listing day and do it then... Of course, it only applies to basic fees, but the only other upgrades I usually do are the gallery (about 35 cents) and maybe a few extra pictures (15 cents each if i remember correctly) just make sure that you have a great description and include more than one photo and if possible put a pic of your receipt (with your info blocked out) ... if you dont want buyers to know how much you paid take the pic of the receipt from a little bit of a distance so they cant read it completely but you can still tell its a receipt...

I know TJ Maxx has had Coach days with older styles going for really cheap. Any if someone has a gift card for their then that's even cheaper. Also, my sis sells designer bags on eBay and she gets all her stuff from a lady in LA that gets them from who knows where so really at the end of the day, there are so many places one could get them.

I think it's because of

1. The proliferation of replicas on the bay
  2. Tons of availability of and accessibility to Coach bags
  3. Low prices at outlets, etc.
  4. People selling at a loss to fund their bag addictions :P

i am a culpret of selling my bags below what i paid. i don't sell that much, but when i do, its because i rather not return it and take a $40 or so loss. i spend a lot of $$ and have way to many bags, so i lose track of how much i pay for them.

i never buy to resell, i just over buy. i change my mind constantly and i try to base the selling price on affordability. i rather liquidate,, but i like to think that i pass my beauties onto another loving home.

im small potatos though, compared to higher volume sellers.

Coach is ALWAYS on sale. I don't know about Macys but, I know that Dillards & Von Maur are always discounting Coach and then there are the Coach outlets that discount bags too but, Coach will ban you from thier stores and from buying from thier site if they find out that you are selling on ebay. Coach don't like people selling thier stuff on ebay.

Despite the listing pulling, blocking of LV, and fear of banning, I wish to more seriously sell on eBay. It would be a great job for me (aside from the risks). Besides I've got selling COACH so down to perfection, that I don't think I can be touched.

But COACH doesn't discount like Chloe' or Marc Jacobs or stuff at Neiman Marcus. 30% at Macy*s, plus tax.

I picked up three bags to sell at Macy*s. $110 dollars off, and I wanted to mark up $50ish. Then I did math, and it would cost me $20ish in fees (including PayPal)! That's nuts.. x would sell fine at that price, but give me $30 profit.

Now there are lots of the other bag I got (and I got two) selling for soooooooo much lower, lower than I paid! How did people get this price? Are they all employees who sell on eBay? Isn't there some other way?? I suppose there isn't with Coach, but I don't get it. :s

Now the two totes I got need to be returned to Macy*s, but is it worth selling the x?? If it doesn't sell the first time, I'm out $5 and the bag would be returned. Sigh.

So basically, forgetting Coach, how do people seriously sell on eBay? How can I get the deals. I want to head to NM soon and often to scout the sale table, but I checked online and that wasn't promising.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am a culpret of selling my bags below what i paid. i don't sell that much, but when i do, its because i rather not return it and take a $40 or so loss. i spend a lot of $$ and have way to many bags, so i lose track of how much i pay for them.

i never buy to resell, i just over buy. i change my mind constantly and i try to base the selling price on affordability. i rather liquidate,, but i like to think that i pass my beauties onto another loving home.

im small potatos though, compared to higher volume sellers.

Same here... there are many, many, many of us on *Bay... I get what I can for NWT bags that I'm never going to use & are worth $0 to me just sitting around unused!

I love Coach and living in the UK can sometimes be difficult in locating a particular Coach bag I like. So I will normally look on the Coach site and also past Coach threads on here.

When I find a style I like, I will search on eBay for it. I normally do two things. 1) Check the feedback and listings and 2) see how much the same bag went for in completed listings.

I also compare the shipping rates aswell and more often than not I will buy the higher $$ bag over the lower $$ prices on Buy it Now.

I did this in February when I purchased my Coach signature stripe floral pouch. The bag wasn't from the factory but from a department store and the tag had been cut so you couldn't see original price or any discounts it had. I paid £160 for it + taxes and customs charges.

But I know the bag is genuine and no one in the UK has that bag and I love the bag.

So to me it doesn't matter how much higher the B.I.N is if the shipping is a quicker option and the feedback is good.

Hope this helps.

i am not sure if you have established yourself as a seller just yet. a considersation. getting started selling a few bags at a small loss or a slight gain and getting some good feed back as a seller is a good ideal.

get the hang of how to write a good listings, lots of good photos. Use Auctiva, free image hosting and you get the super size for free. i list my items for the lower listing fee , 30 days, cost around $2. instead of $5 or $6, your FVF is a little higher but your listings stays for a while. and will have search priority.

get through the restrictions on #bay. im not sure if you had sold many coach bags yet, but they do restrict in the beginning untill you sell a certain number of Coach. also how many ratings you have (those darn star ratings)

build up your seller status first, try not worry about profits in the beginning, similar to most business' , of course you don't want big losses either. KWIM?

your doing the right thing by hunting, finding good deals, Macy's F&F discount is a good ideal, i think you can try and return and presale those bags for 20% less.

also, im sure you are doing, is research #bay and see what is actually selling, and how many are out there. What the Coachie's are liking. i commute to Downtown L.A. (Coach everywhere) and see what the ladies are carrying. what the ladies here are talking about.

one last thought, price breaks. i find that bags selling for just a bit less than $350 move , higher dollar bags unless its in high demand? really don't sell , or take a long time. $500 is a tough sell for the average buyer. Unless its something that everyone wants.

Most of My Coach bags sell with in days, i listed one on Wed, had 4 emails as soon as it hit the search, the next day i received 5 offers, and it ended up selling for the BIN. but i don't list until my gut tells me that its in demand. I have a Coach bag i really want to list, but right now its not doing to well, and there are a few out there that are selling for a great price. to much of a loss for me though. i limit myself to loss around $40 or $50 , more times than not i make a few bucks.

good luck...

Last edited: