How do I care for my new BV Roma?

1. I just bought my very first BV...a dark brown Roma. I know you seasoned BV owners have discussed this before, but can you tell me what to use ( and not use) to maintain and clean my BV.

In general do you find that the BV woven bags hold up well, compared to other high end leather bags?

What kinds of things are apt to stain or affect the leather? What should I try to avoid?

Thanks, Bags'rus

2. Here is a thread regarding appleguard vs. colonil; I think it pertains mainly to the lighter color bags. I do not know any other tips regarding caring for a BV.

3. I have been told by my BV SA that their bags are treated with a wax impregnate so you shouldn't use anything for the first 6 months. After that you can treat it with a light wax based leather cream or Colonil spray. You don't have to worry too much about the darker colour BV's they are more hardwearing than they look.

4. i believe the roma is nappa umbria and that should give it some added protection.the dark color should make it very easy and worry free to use. i also believe the dark brown roma is actually moro, which i love. enjoy your bag-it is a beauty.

5. My ebano (dark brown) campana was bought 1.5 years ago and I am not a careful user of bags. It's been everywhere with me, holidays, business trps, dates etc. I haven't done anything to it and the bag looks as good as new. Now the light colours, that's a separate story (sigh)...