How do I buy a Birkin?

It is a shame that some hermes stores (I have only been to ones in the US) have that type of attitude.Buying one of these beautuful bags should be a great experience in every way.

I totally agree that it's a little ridiculous to feel like you have to "suck up" to a salesperson in order to get let into the inner sanctum of Those Who Are Allowed To Buy. I honestly don't believe that it's absolutely necessary unless you want a SO or PO or something really, really hard to find.

That being said, they most certainly could sell 10 Birkins a day at Madison Ave! You would be amazed/horrified at the feeding frenzy that goes on there when there's one on the floor. It's really a sight to behold. (Not that I don't get in the middle of it, because I sometimes DO! LOL)

ah right well i'll take back what i said just before that they couldnt really.. crazy americans hey;) just kidding. we all love hermes bags, its understandable. but not something which happens in amsterdam/marbella.. but i have no idea about paris and london, they could probably sell more:yes:

me_love_purse, The Greenwich store is *small*, it's really almost like a large kiosk inside of a department store. They have a lot of ties, a decent number of scarves--all the new ones, not like if you buy at H counters at most department stores--and a few bags but never a Birkin and only very rarely a Kelly. It was the first place I ever saw etoupe in person, though, which is kind of interesting. They had a Bolide in etoupe and it was stunning!

Manhasset is much larger and features a full RTW line as well as everything else (maybe not shoes? can't remember). They have a good assortment of bags, but again naturally it's less well-stocked than Madison or other larger stores. Their sell-through seems faster to me than the sell-through in Greenwich, so if you see something you want at Manhasset it's a good idea to grab it.

Hope this helps!

me_love_purse, The Greenwich store is *small*, it's really almost like a large kiosk inside of a department store. They have a lot of ties, a decent number of scarves--all the new ones, not like if you buy at H counters at most department stores--and a few bags but never a Birkin and only very rarely a Kelly. It was the first place I ever saw etoupe in person, though, which is kind of interesting. They had a Bolide in etoupe and it was stunning!

Manhasset is much larger and features a full RTW line as well as everything else (maybe not shoes? can't remember). They have a good assortment of bags, but again naturally it's less well-stocked than Madison or other larger stores. Their sell-through seems faster to me than the sell-through in Greenwich, so if you see something you want at Manhasset it's a good idea to grab it.

Hope this helps!

thanks C

I totally agree that it's a little ridiculous to feel like you have to "suck up" to a salesperson in order to get let into the inner sanctum of Those Who Are Allowed To Buy. I honestly don't believe that it's absolutely necessary unless you want a SO or PO or something really, really hard to find.

That being said, they most certainly could sell 10 Birkins a day at Madison Ave! You would be amazed/horrified at the feeding frenzy that goes on there when there's one on the floor. It's really a sight to behold. (Not that I don't get in the middle of it, because I sometimes DO! LOL)

ITA with you. I never felt like I had to "kiss a--" to anybody to get my H bags, and I never will. I lucked out, I guess. I have bought other items from H, but they were all things I really did want. And I know that Hermes in Beverly Hills could easily sell 10 Birkins in one day, too. So many people who you would think could easily get a Birkin but can't in this city...

Hello ladies,

I am shocked at how much you suffer to get a Birkin!

I have been in the Paris store in June. There were so many tourists (including me) there. Except for the SAs, I don't think I saw a single French person there.

I saw quite a few Kellys and Birkins. Somehow they felt cheap, the way all these tourists want to own something that's clearly hyped for profit but not exemplary of the best handbag quality and beauty.

I used to dream of owning a Kelly or a Birkin when I couldn't afford it. Now I can, yet I lost the desire for it. I can think of so many other fun things I can buy or do with 10,000 USD.

In short, I suggest that you fly out to Paris and bump into what's on the floor or place an order there.

Having done a lot of shopping globally, I can attest the French keep their best pieces (not just Hermes, but other designers as well) in their capital. Go for it there!

Forget your local bullying, snobbish SA and buy your ticket to Paris while they spend their miserable lives feeling better about themselves by putting others down, while you can enjoy kick-ass shopping in Paris with your Birkin!

ITA with those tpf members who felt that we shouldn't SUCK UP to the SAs... Simply becos we are the ones paying their salary, feeding their family!!! and yet we got to condone with their fxxx up attitude! Ridiculous!!!