How do I bring Wine/Champagne on a flight?

Hubby and I brought some bottles back from Switzerland. Wrapped it in bubble wrap threw it in the suitcase that was checked in and we were good to go. No probs at all. We bought like 6 or 7 bottles so we had to buy a extra suitcase just for the wine. We asked about shipping it and it would have be near $200 I think. Uhhhh...no thanks!!!

I'd ship it. It doesn't cost that much for one bottle. If it breaks, it leaks not only on your stuff but has the potential to leak on someone else's. A better idea might be to buy it when you get there.

i just gave my dad 6 bottles of red wine for xmas that we flew in with us from california. i wrapped each bottle in bubble wrap and placed three bottles in each piece of luggage surrounded by clothes... the bags were large with a hard frame but soft sides... i've never had a problem. if you wish to take extra precautions i recommend a hard suitcase - i used to use these and i could pack pottery and glass i found at flea markets no problem... also, if you wrap the bottles and seal them in a giant zip lock bag that would go a long way to protecting your clothes... if there is an extra special dress you have or something like a purse maybe that should go in a different piece of luggage or in a zip lock as well... good luck!

I usually just throw it in the suitcase, among my clothes. Never had an accident so far. The bottles I buy at the airport I just carry with me in the bag and put in the overhead compartment thing. I've never brought a bottle with me on a plane without checking it in or buying it at the airport, that wouldn't be possible here as you're restricted to 100ml bottles of liquid. :flowers:
Yeah, that's what I do too. Just this summer I brought some rum home from Puerto Rico, I just threw it in w/ the left over clean clothes and they acted as a cushion for the glass bottle. I'd say it will be okay. I don't think they would be too happy if you brought it on the plane w/ you...but who knows, you could always ask.