How do Coach shoe sizes run?

MichelleNYC

Put me in "Coach"
Sep 24, 2006
I went to the Coach store today fully intending to buy the Ireland Espadrille in black.
http://www.coach.com/assets/product_images/drilldown2/Q162_d2.jpg

I am normally a size 10 so I asked for that and they were waaay too big on me. I was surprised and excited because I figured Coach shoes ran narrow. So I asked for a 9.5 and THOSE were too big too! Went for the 9 and they were tight :sad: , so what happened? How is it possible for 9.5 to be very big and the 9 to be very tight? The SA opened the 9 from a new box so it wasn't a box/shoe error. I thought maybe it could be a factory error so I asked for a different 9 but they only had one 9 left.
I absolutely LOVE these shoes and I am so disappointed! These shoes are the item I secretly run to as I browse the internet... :love:

I ended up getting as an early birthday gift sneakers (Dahlia Khaki/Gold)

http://www.coach.com/assets/product_images/drilldown2/Q172_d2.jpg

These are pretty darn cute too and I had a hard time deciding between these and the black/grey ones.

Most of the shoes run big. I bought a really cute pair of sandals in size 9, I usually wear a size 11. The sneakers run true to size. The mules run a bit narrow. I always try on Coach shoes before I buy them. You just never know.

I have always had to go at least a half size down... no matter the style of shoe... I consistently wear a 8/8.5 and I never have over an 8 in Coach shoes...

Also... I tryed on the Nicola flats yesterday in an 8... and I didn't really feel like they were fitting right ( you couldn't see my toes in the peep toe area!!)... I think I am going to go back and try a 7.5, which would be the smallest size I've worn in a while...

I agree its on a shoe by shoe basis...

I feel like they run a half size bigger. I have really wide feet and I usually have to go a half size up in ballet flats, but yesterday I bought the Jana ballet flats and they were actually a half size too big.

hey everyone i was just wondering how the coach sneakers run. I want to buy the jayme sneakers ones online and im usually a size 8 or 8.5 so i was just wondering what one i would order.

i am a 9 1/2 and just returned some special ordered shoes because they were too tight while a 10 was leaving me flopping around.

it just varies on the materials used and style. anything that is a sneaker or slip on, i need a 10.
a flat, usually a 9 1/2.

The only thing more inconsistent than COACH's policies is their shoe sizing. Always try them on!

So true... I can wear anything from a size 6 1/2 - 8 in Coach shoes/boots, depending on the style. When I mentioned this to one of my Coach SAs, I was told that it's because Coach uses different shoe manufactures and that results in the inconsistency of the shoe sizing between the different shoe styles. If Coach used only 1 - 2 shoe manufacturers, I'm assuming that there would be more consistency with the shoe sizing.