Hotels in London

1. It's time for me to start planning my family vacation for next year! We're going to England/Ireland next May, and I'm trying to start my research now. Finding a hotel is such a daunting task because there are sooo many to choose from.

Anyone here have any favorite hotels in London (I already know where we're staying in Ireland since we've been there before). We're going to be there for seven days, we want something sort of centrally located to all the sights & moderately priced (no Holiday Inn type places, but no Ritz Carltons either).

So any advice?

Oh, and anything that we *have* to see while we're there?

Thank you!

2. Whenever we have friends coming to visit us in London, we recommend they stay at the B+B Belgravia. It's quite centrally located and near good transport; the rooms have wonderful, modern decor; and one gets excellent personal attention whilst staying there. The price is also quite reasonable as well, especially when you consider that a hot breakfast is provided as part of the rate.

3. Oh! That place is very cool looking! Thanks for the suggestion! It's going on my list.

4. My hubby & I usually stay at The Millenium Knightsbridge Hotel. We like it because of the location. Its walking distance to Harvey Nichols & Harrods. Of course, the street is also known for all the high end brands from GUCCI, TOD'S, ALBERTA FERRETI, PRADA & the hotel is just right across CARTIER. Lots of restaurants also around the area.

Located on 17 Sloane St., Knightsbridge

HYSTERIC

5. Last time in London I stayed at the Marriott Kensington Bridge. It is located across the river from big Ben (my room had a view of it), about 20 feet from the eye of London, and just across the river from the Tube Station.
    We were there in october and I believe it was around $200 American per night....BUT that included FULL buffet breakfast...and absolutely phenomenal service......and Big Ben *sigh* the view was worth the money!

as for things to do:
    Parliament Building
    Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace
    Westminster Abbey
    Wesminster Cathedral
    Tower of London
    Walk across Tower bridge
    Visit Trafalgar Square

and more! I crammed almost everything into my short 2 days there (I was on an extended layover on my way to Stockholm).
    I recommend taking the Tube or a Bus. It saves on money (cabs are expensive) and the Tube is very very user friendly...and clean!

6. The Sanderson looks awesome! I don't know if it's the website or if they're that busy but the website says they're booked the entire week! I've tried a few other weeks as well, and they're all booked too! I'm going to try calling tomorrow. It won't even let me book for one night during our entire vacation. Boo!

7. I have stayed at the Renaissance (near Hoburn tube) multiple times (typically use Marriott points). It is very convenient to the theatre district. The tube connects to all major sites. It is very comfortable!

8. The Sanderson, or it's sister Hotel Official Site : St Martins Lane Hotel London : Luxury Hotel London : Covent Garden Hotel . Both are nice. The Sandersons off Oxford st and St. Martins Lane is off Trafalgar sq.

The millenium on sloane street is good, a little more budget friendly is My Hotel chelsea London Hotel | Myhotels Chelsea Hotel in London UK | Luxury Lodging Accommodations at the Chelsea Hotel London off Sloane Avenue. Have you tried Browns hotel? Thats also quite nice Brown's Hotel: The Luxury Hotel in London, England. A Rocco Forte Hotel. Official Site.

9. Hi Jilly, yep always call them, they will be able to help if you call them direct :yes:

10. I LOVE London!!!! Here is where I stayed on my first trip there:

Tavistock hotel, Bloomsbury London hotels at lower rate , booking. accommodation, apartment and bed and breakfast central london.

This hotel is very reasonably priced and centrally located. There is even a beautiful park across the street. The hotel staff was soooo helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet was inexpensive. The room was clean and comfortable. The British Museum is only a couple of blocks away. The entrance to the tube is only a block away. There is a restaurant and a bar that are open all night. (at least it was when I stayed there)

For me, the hotel doesn't have to be fancy because when I go on vacation, I'm gone all day. I just need a clean comfortable place to lay my head.

Hope you have a great time!!

11. This past spring I stayed at the K & K Hotel George:
    K+K Hotels - London - K+K Hotel George

I'd definitely stay there again - very nice, clean, comfortable, with modern decor and professional staff. The brunch buffet is fabulous, but not included in the room price. There are good restaurants nearby, and the Earl's Court tube station is a couple of blocks away.

Have a great trip - I can't wait to go back!

12. hippiechic, I often stay there too! My hubbys company always used the k&K as the service is great, but the price is good. I just wondered if it was a little bit out for the sites, but like you say, the tube is right around the corner :smile:

13. If you want to really spoil yourselves - go to The Lanesborough - right on Hyde Park Corner and absolutely lovely...

Have fun!