horror stories

no horror stories but I'll continue the trend with omg!! glad you are ok. Does that car tend to 'tip'? my friend wants one :huh:

all SUV's have a "tippy" factor...you just have to know how to drive them (ie - take turns slowly, not as sharply)

the reason I tipped was because of the speed I was going, and where I got hit...plus, after I got hit, I freaked, gassed the car, and overcorrected - which caused the flip. No air bags went off...this car only had front, not side curtain bags. My new SUV has front and side.

also - the NEWER RAV4s are more...bulky...have a wider stance I believe.

I totally would have bought another Toyota...but DH didn't like the RAV4 (thought it was too small for him)...and he REALLY liked the Saturn...and I said "ok...but only if I can get it Sunburst Orange". hehehe

BACK TO TOPIC --> ok - honestly - I think the worst story here so far is strawberry shake on suede - omg, now THAT'S a horror story!

do any of you have a Coach horror story?? like you got one dirty or lost?

the day after i got my mini skinny i got black! gel ink pen on it!!!!!!! i was so bummed.. thank god i got it out with baby wipes!

After my niece, I've learned that baby wipes can clean almost anything! Pretty scary. LOL!

Totally off topic (sorry!!!), but I just wanted to say that yes, overall, SUVs are more likely to tip than little sedans. It's the way they're further up but just as short as a normal sedan, so to speak. I don't know the statistics right off my head, but I'm sure a quick google will tell you a bunch. I personally drive a Honda CR-V, and it's really not too bad unless you're prone to making turns too quickly. I've never gotten into an accident before though, so it might affect how you receive the impact of other cars, etc. Just wanted to chime in cuz it may or may not affect her decision.

SUV's don't have a low center of gravity like small cars do. I have a Nissan Murano and only had to alter my driving style slightly. For example, I can't drive fast off a curved highway exit ramp. But I feel so much safer in a bigger car.

My horror story doesn't compare but... I was going to the bathroom at school. I had a little black Coach tote that I couldn't put on my shoulder and the door didn't have a hook. I also had a can of Pepsi in my hand. So in the process of putting the can of Pepsi on the paper dispenser I knocked it over and it poured Pepsi into my tote! Luckily the Pepsi didn't have a chance to really soak in. It stayed bubbled on the liner long enough for me to take everything out and clean it with an entire roll of toilet paper. LOL!

SUV's don't have a low center of gravity like small cars do. I have a Nissan Murano and only had to alter my driving style slightly. For example, I can't drive fast off a curved highway exit ramp. But I feel so much safer in a bigger car.

off topic - but I :heart: the Nissan Murano! If i could have afforded it...I would have bought one! (of course, when I had my pathfinder a few years ago...I was forever in the shop with the "service engine soon" light on...heheh...my dad had the same issue with his nissan too..heheh)

whew! thats a close one lissisays! i was moping on my bed while i was folding laundry (i have a toddler so wipes were on my nightstand) i just thought i'd try to clean it & it worked!!!!! i was sooooo estatic! i jumped for joy !

off topic - but I :heart: the Nissan Murano! If i could have afforded it...I would have bought one! (of course, when I had my pathfinder a few years ago...I was forever in the shop with the "service engine soon" light on...heheh...my dad had the same issue with his nissan too..heheh)

So far I haven't had any issues. I was able to afford it because I got it as a lease. LOL! I love her though. I call her MooMoo. :nuts:

whew! thats a close one lissisays! i was moping on my bed while i was folding laundry (i have a toddler so wipes were on my nightstand) i just thought i'd try to clean it & it worked!!!!! i was sooooo estatic! i jumped for joy !

I should start carrying baby wipes with me everywhere I go. I try to be very careful with my bags so I can avoid having a horror story. Unfortunately, some horror stories stem from things that were out of our control. My friend got corn spilled all over her Chanel bag because the guy from Pollo Tropical didn't close the lid right. I would have been so angry!

well i think my worst is one time my mom, sister, and i were at kfc, getting some dinner to bring home, and they gave us one of those huge sodas with like the handle- some promo they had like chicken and biscuit and huge effing thing of soda- and so the dumb guy didn't have the top on all the way, and needless to say half of that huge handled cup went all over my soho flap! so a handful of napkins later, it was fine! i think it was probabley because i had just moisturized it like a few days before so whew:sweatdrop: