Horrifying Death of Reality Star's Baby

1. The rapper's wife gave birth Thursday, but the scene quickly turned to tragedy after the newborn was pronounced dead. Rev Run, a.k.a. Joseph Simmons, shocked fans last year when he announced that his wife Justine was pregnant on his MTV reality show "Rev's House."

Justine's pregnancy was the cliffhanger on the MTV show last season. It generated intense interest among viewers who have been anxiously following the pregnancy and awaiting the birth.

Simmons, a member of the legendary rap group Run DMC, was at Valley Hospital in Ridgewood New Jersey Tuesday for the birth of his child. Doctors delivered the baby via c-section, revealing a cruel twist of fate -- the baby was born with organs outside the body. The newborn died a short time later.

MTV cameras were inside the hospital at the time of the birth, though we do not know if they were in the delivery room.
  2. Oh my goodness, that's horrible...how could they not have known before the baby was born...not that it would have changed anything, but the unexpectedness of that situation must have been heartbreaking.
  3. I couldn't stop crying when I read it this morning. It brought me back to March when my BF's cousin lost her baby 1 month before her due date.
  4. OH MY GOD...that is just HORRIBLE. God bless them. :sad:(((
  5. I saw this. God bless them.
  6. This is so sad..........................
  7. OMG.... My heart really goes out to them. They seem like such a great family and she was so excited about being pregnant again.
  8. SO SAD.:sad:
  9. Oh no.... God Bless his family... :sad:
  10. OMGosh! How tragic :sad:

I wonder why they didn't see this in U/S?

That is just so hard. . . . my thoughts and prayers are w/ the Simmons'.
  11. This is one of the most terrible and tragic things I've ever heard. Losing a baby....the most heartbreaking experience. My thoughts are with them.
  12. How terrible!!!
  13. That's so tragic ... I'm so surprised that the doctors wouldn't have seen that in the ultrasound, especially with all new 4D ultrasounds out there. Very very sad ...
  14. That's awful! God Bless them all.
  15. How tragic and sad. May God comfort them.