Horrible knockoffs at Longs Drugs...>_<"

rachelkitty

Chin <3 & Hermes <3
O.G.
May 18, 2006
Hey everybody! I'm a new convert to Bbags! Just got my 1st GSH City in Ocean from AR, and I've been taking her out everyday since. :P

But today... when I stepped into a local Longs Drugs for some water, I saw two racks of knockoff designer handbags placed near the front of the store and marked 25% off... Among them there are Balenciaga, LV, Chloe, MJ...inspired ones :confused1:

This is definitely not the 1st time I see imitations, but I thought I would only find them at a mall vendor or on ebay. I didn't know they sell it at drugstores too!! I stood there for about 2 minutes totally stunned, with my yummy Ocean city on my arm... It's like they are rubbing in your face ya know, urghh :yucky::yucky: I just had to take pictures and show you...

Not only were there GGH City in black and white, there was also a GGH black hobo on the shelf. Man they really catch up fast!! I was totally disgusted!!:tdown:

Yeah they were selling for $29.99 with 25% off...

Please tell me that I'm over-reacting... :crybaby:

Attachments

• DSCN8771.JPG
    DSCN8771.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 318
  • DSCN8772.JPG
    DSCN8772.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCN8770.JPG
    DSCN8770.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 267
:throwup: Yuck!! If I walked into a store and saw something like that, I think that I would be inclined not to shop there. I wonder how they get away with that, anyway, since it's illegal to sell them?

:throwup: Yuck!! If I walked into a store and saw something like that, I think that I would be inclined not to shop there. I wonder how they get away with that, anyway, since it's illegal to sell them?

Yes, it is totally illegal. If anyone sees something like this, they consider reporting it if they are comfortable doing so. You could check out the IACC if you want info on anti-counterfeiting:

International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition
1730 M Street NW
Suite 1020
Washington DC 20036
www.iacc.org
Phone: 202-223-6667
Fax: 202-223-6668

The website has info and links regarding anti-counterfeiting. I originally found the site because of the "Fakes are Never in Fashion" add campaign in Harper's Baazar.

Info about fakes from the IACC website:
Five Reasons You Should Never Fake It:

1. Counterfeiting is illegal and purchasing counterfeit products supports illegal activity.
2. Counterfeiters do not pay taxes meaning less money for your city's schools, hospitals, parks and other social programs.
3. Counterfeiters do not pay their employees fair wages or benefits, have poor working conditions, and often use forced child labor.
4. The profits from counterfeiting have been linked to funding organized crime, drug trafficking and terrorist activity.
5. When you purchase a fake, you become part of the cycle of counterfeiting and your money directly support these things you would never want to support.

^^ but the bags at Longs Drugs didn't attached the designer brand names to them. So I guess they are just "fashion bags"? So I assume they don't conduct "counterfeits" yet. We all see a lot of them in the mall kiosks right... And these people still sell them. Not sure if it's illegal?? I'm kinda confused... :confused1::confused1::confused1: