Hormones getting the best of me: I feel like such a baby for being upset...

1. I just need to vent a little bit.

I have never been on vacation anywhere in my life. Never took a real vacation. Sure, I went to Disneyland as a kid, but that was about it. But I've never stayed in a city overnight to do sight seeing. I have school break coming up Feb-March and I wanted to go somewhere with my mom.

Yesterday I started looking for Hotels in Salzburg, Austria since I love the Sound of Music and it looks like a beautiful city. This morning I even printed out "Sound of Music" tours. When my mom came home, I started telling her about the tours that I found and I was very excited...and then she told me that she won't be able to get vacation from work because somebody had put in vacation for those exact same days that we were going to go...So basically all of Feb & March is booked up with people in her office going on Vacation, and 2 people can't have vacation at the same time.

I just feel like such a baby for wanting to cry. :crybaby: I was so looking forward to going somewhere with my mom and seeing a city I've never been to before.

Oh well...She told me to ask at my Uni when (if) our easter break is and maybe we will go then. Ugh.

Stupid horomones...:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:
  2. Go on your own! You might find it very liberating, I do. Nice to get away abd do exactly as you choose!
  3. I'm not the type of person who likes to do things by myself...Especially go on vacation. I wouldn't know what to do - I wouldn't have anybody to talk to and I'd just feel very strange.

And anyway, I wanted to go away with my mom so we could do something together and have fun. We were supposed to go skiing in 2 weeks in Austria but that trip got canceled because the resort town doesn't have any snow..
  4. Awww........sorry you're disappointed. I know it's a let-down when you're so excited about something. Salzberg is a FANTASTIC place, but it'll still be there at Easter. The weather will probably be better then too. Chin up, your mum and you will have a great time together. Make sure you skip around the gardens, singing "Doe, a deer".
  5. Sometimes it's nice not talking to anyone. You just take a tour, see a site and think to yourself. It's peaceful. I've always enjoyed traveling alone, but hey, buy my plane ticket, and I'll go with you! I'll even pay for my own food/beer ;)
  6. That's dissapointing. Hopefully you two will be able to find a time to go together. Sounds like a lovely trip!
  7. Aww, i know how you feel.. I get like that sometimes, I just feel so lonley and left out etc. that nothing seems fair. But, you just have to remember that when you have your babies, you will take them on tons of vacations and those memories will make up for the lost ones.
  8. Thank you everybody :smile: I'm actually feeling better now, haha. Horomones are going up and down like a rollercoaster today.

My mom said that she will look to see if we can go in 2 weeks, right after classes end for me since she said nobody has filed for vacation then. If she can get it, that will be great :smile: If not...We will try for Easter or Pfingsten (Errr...the holiday in May, dunno what it is in English :biggrin:)

Kiss Me Deadly, that is one of the main reasons why I wanted to take this vacation...To get some last minute alone time with my mommy before I become one, lol :smile:
  9. Thank you :smile: The tour visits all of the major sites from the film, so I'll be able to sing all of the songs, lol. "How do you solve a problem like Mariaaaaa" and "I am 16, going on 17.." <---that's one of my favorite scenes in the movie. A girlfriend of mine from my old college went to Salzburg when she was 17 and took that tour (she's also a SOM fan) and she said it was fabulous!
  10. Sorry to hear you're feeling sad, really hope you get to travel soon :smile:
    I know what you mean, I would never travel alone ^_^ I love having family with me.
  11. I am glad you're feeling betters, those hormones can really get ya.
  12. Thank you, me too!

I see you're pregnant, too! Congratulations on your little bean :idea:
  13. It is best to go with someone on vacation, now that you are expecting a baby. Hope you get to travel soon...you'll feel better tomorrow once those hormones have had a nice nap!
  14. Aw I'm really sorry :sad:
    But I hope you will get to go somewhere soon!!
    Traveling alone can be fun too though, especially if you're joining a tour. You would get to meet lots of new people.
    I've never travelled alone though..but would like to try someday :biggrin:
  15. I'm glad you're feeling better. I'm sure this trip with your mom will come through, and you'll have a ball of a time singing ya heart out :p

On a side note, should def try vacationing alone. I was alone in Melbourne for a couple of days by myself before meeting my gf in Sydney, and it was GREAT FUN!! :yes: Wonder when I'll be able to do that again...