Hope in a jar?

1. Any good? What do people think of it?
  2. meh. i've used both the normal and dry formulas, as well as hope in a bottle acne one. not bad, but not great either. i'm pretty sure they all make me break out. none of them did much for my occaisional dry/red patches and the acne one made everything (including my acne) worse. actually, now that i think about it, it's pretty much not great and just expensive.

i haven't been impressed with philosophy beyond the real purity cleanser and the supernatural mineral makeup. even the cleanser i can't use every day or it clogs my pores.

try searching at www.makeupalley.com to get a wide variety of opinions from lots of people with different skin types.
  3. Be very careful with the lactic acid in there. I'm sensitive and this drove my skin itchy dry scaly nuts. :sick:
  4. ^^^maybe that's what it was!! my skin doesn't like acid in any form in a daily dose.
  5. My sister swears by Hope in a Jar. She keeps telling me I need to use it but I have to finish what I am using now before I can try that. She says it makes her face baby soft =)
  6. I use it.... It seems to work on my skin pretty well, but I don't get that WOW.... I think if something came along better, I would switch.
  7. I use it and like it. I have combination skin and i think it works well for me.
  8. I LOVE IT!! I have used it for years and its great. I am sensitive and have no problems, but you can probably get a sample to try it first at the Philosophy counter.
  9. Anyone try it? What do you think? I was watching QVC and philosophy was being sold. Ya know Oprah loves it....but that doesn't mean I will!:p
  10. What's your skin type? I don't think it works as well if you have oily skin .
  11. I have combo sensitve skin.

BTW, I accidentally re-posted. I thought my first post hadn't gone through So sorry to all.

According to the other thread where I orginally posted, other posters said it has lactic acid and may irritate some skins....
  12. That's a good idea. And thanks for everybody's comments. I tent to have sensitive skin, so the lactic acid may be a no-no for me.
  13. I have it and I can't say I love it. It seems to sit on my skin too long, and makes it feel icky. The fragrance or something also irritates my eyes. I have had a lot of luck with Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion and L'Occitane's SPF Moisturizer (in the tube) mixed with water. I WANT to love Philosophy's stuff, but it's just not happening with Hope in a Jar. I love their 3-in-1 bath stuff, though!
  14. never have tired it but i've heard great things from one of my friends.She swears by it, but i can't really comment on it since i haven't used it.
  15. It is MY moisturizer. I have combination skin and acne, so I use it mostly in winter or very lightly on spots that need attention. I love the way it feels on my skin and a little goes a long way for me. I recommend going to Nordstrom or somewhere like that and trying it before you buy it-hopefully the SA will know what they're talking about.