hop, skip or jump into LV?

I also thing your doing the right thing, after reading all of your post, seems like that is the bag you really want, I say go for it, girl! It's a great bag, and IMO its not as heavy as the GM. good luck, I think that you won't regret it!!

If it's any help, I'm 5'0" and 100lbs and not particularly fit (gotta do something about these arms!) and I don't find the PM too heavy. I bought mine on eBay from a lovely PFer about a month ago (thanks Sharon!!) ... at the time there were about 3 on eBay for around $900-1000 that were being sold in "as new" condition.

I remember I didn't go for one because the seller said it had a fingerprint on one of the handles and I figured for it to be worth mentioning, it must be a greasy/dirty fingerprint, so I let that one go. Mine had a couple of tiny indentations on the front handle from the way it had been stored, and a month later those dents have filled out so you can't even see where they were. It still looks like a new bag, even the pushlocks are still shiny and without any scratches.

The thing is that bags in that condition are out there if you go looking - there are some truly great buys to be had if you're prepared to spend a week or two checking out new listings on eBay. I did it that way because I was new to LV and not prepared to spend a large amount initially ... I wanted to get a feel for the brand before investing a large sum of money in a handbag. I'm really glad I did, it's a beautiful little bag and I'm totally hooked. My next bag will be a new one - bring on the Berkeley!!

Go for the Manhattan pm if you have been thinking about it for so long. And if you can afford it, why not, hee. I guess in your heart, you prefer the Manhattan over the speedy. My gf has one, and I think it looks great as a working bag!