Hop Scotch !!!!!

1. When I was growing up in England my sisters and I would play all kinds of fun games with our girlfriends, our favourites were:

Knock a Door Runaway :shame:

Skip Rope, and Hand clapping Games.

How about you ?
  2. Skip rope.
  3. Ahh...this takes me back a few..okay..a lot! of years! :blink:

Hopscotch, jacks, jump rope, kick-the-can, Red Rover....I remember lots of summer nights staying out late playing with the other kids in the neighborhood. :biggrin:
  4. my daughter and i play hopscotch and slide (hand clapping game)
  5. I was a tomboy and we had lots of kids in our neighborhood.

We played kick the can, capture the flag, running bases, kickball and every other sport!
  6. Double Dutch!!!!:lol:
  7. Hopscotch-very big in elementary school. We would buy big rubber Hopscotch disks at the dime store and bring them in our backpacks to school. They would come in all kinds of swirly colors-like you'd find on a marble.

Also, Kick-The-Can was big in our neighborhood. And Four Square. Thanks for bringing back memories of simpler times!:rolleyes:
  8. Hopscotch, Chinese Garter, Cops n Robbers
  9. We played:
    kick the can
    hop scotch
    jump rope
    red light, green light, one, two, three
    freeze tag
    simon says
    marco polo
    hide and seek
    mother may I
    draw pics in the street with chalk
    leap frog
    pick up sticks
    barrel of moneys
    red rover
    frisbee (splg?)
    pogo stick
    hoola hoop
    hippity hop
    Barbie doll
    Dawn doll
    Chrissy doll
    I could go on and on. Childhood was the best!
  10. We played "Elastics". We would have a loop of elastic about 3m long which would be anchored around 2 girls ankles. A girl in the middle would jump between the elastic singing "England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, inside, outside, inside, ON". We weren't allowed to touch the elastic until the on, when we could jump on it. If we succeeded the elastic would be raised to knee-height, then hip, then waist. This was big at my school in Australia during the early 80's.

We'd also play those hand-clapping/slapping games and branding (pegging a tennis ball as hard as we could at each other).
  11. Jacks for hours on the front porch of the bunk at summer camp.

But really, even then I mostly wanted to read, or draw.
  12. Aww...I loved Double Dutch!!!
    I remember playing Four Square, Hop Scotch, Red Light/Green Light, Mother May I, aaaaand...my mind has gone blank! :lol:
  13. I LOVED four square.

Also red rover, marco polo, freeze tag, hide and seek. Also "7-up" in school.

Most of all, "make believe" games of all sorts. I have a brother so we were always pretending to be Star Wars characters, GI Joes, Dungeons and Dragons creatures, etc. Those were the best! With my little girl friends we played barbies, "house" and soap opera style drama games. (actually, sometimes I made my brother play with dolls too...but he won't admit it now, hehe)
  14. I loved playing "elastics" - it was a real challenge not to flash your knickers at the boys when jumping the elastic and if your skirt got caught you would carry on and giggle like crazy.
  15. I played the same games and with the same dolls (except I had Dawn instead of Barbie) also the Flatsy doll.:smile:

We must have grown up in the same era Kat. :amuse: